By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan - First Day Sales (Wii Music debut)

trestres said:
Diomedes1976 said:
trestres said:
@hanafuda: You obviously ignore all the counter reasons to your ignorant arguments, which means you are trolling. Same for Diomedes.

A game can't sell to people who are not interested in it, as simple as that. It may have not been a quick cash in, but it's a game made obviously for people who watched or at least know about the movie.

As for PES, Diomedes, I know you like trolling but this is just too much, troll. PES was launched on the Wii months later than the PS3 version, it featured a drastically changed control scheme, had a new title "playmaker" and had reduced content. Yet it sold more than 100k, which is pretty good for a game that was released on every other platform months ago and that was a complete new experience (we should know, it's Konami, they are dirty).

Look ,little troll ,you may create all the excuses on the world it wont change a thing.PES on the Wii sold decent numbers but 1/3 of the PS3 version....it had a new control scheme and what not but precisely its the "new controls" what is being dubbed by Nintendo as the key to their success.Thing is ,in traditional games their "new controls" suck.And will continue to suck.As for the reduced content it will always be like that ....SD graphics, ,no online ,less options ,you name it.Thats why I am saying the situation will keep like that.The Wii will alwas be technically limited,it will always have less content ,it will have its waggle controls that core gamers arent so fond as casual gamers.OF course a big game as MH3 can succeed here and then ,just as Mario Galaxy succeded,but the Wii demographics and buying patterns are quite clear right now and we have seen this more than enough.The Wii is no PS2 regarding a lot of issues and it will never be it just doesnt have the features (technical prowess ,storage,controls,online infraestructure,you name it)it would need to be the choice console for both casual and core players.This is a different situation that last generation ,and this time the Wii may be very succesful and all but wont get the big games because of that.

It will be funny to see your facial expression once quality games start hitting the Wii early next year. Funny times ahead.

So we have to wait until next year for quality games to start hitting the Wii?

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

@hanafuda: It looks like it, doesnt it? Or tell me which good game has been announced for this year in Japan? There's gonna be some good games this year, like Rune Factory Frontier, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Little King Story, Tenchu 4.

But none of them is as big as MGS, Yakuza, DW, FF. PS3 titles were planned way before the Wii became succesful, but I know you like to talk garbage and troll. So far for next year Wii has a lot more 3rd party games coming than the HD's. MH3 will make you look silly. I also want to see your facial expression next year :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku, why are you getting involved in this drama? You should know by now that when Sony fanboys focus so intensely on something they hadn't acknowledged before (Sky Crawlers), that it's simply deflection. They're hiding something and they're trying to take attention away from it.

I realized this last year when Ratchet & Clank debuted to poor sales. Sony fans had been hyping and droning on about that game, then all of a sudden it comes out and all the Sony fanboys are claiming that Mario Galaxy flopped in Japan. Uh, what? It was simply a distraction. I had been wondering why none of them was talking about a game they had been hyping for months on end.

This is a similar situation. Think about. Who are we talking about? Namco. What was the last big game they released? Eternal Sonata for the PS3. Sony fans claimed that it would move hardware, outsell the 360 version week 1, etc. None of that happened. The game flopped hard, and it won't even outdo the 360 version by the end of its lifetime. That's bad. Hence, the deflection.

Anyone who's been paying attention knows that Namco isn't going to drop development on Wii over the underperformance of a licensed game. They've got like 15 Wii games in development now, including the big gun, the next Tales. If anything the PS3 is going to get dropped, because of the 3 consoles it's the one they've supported the least. And that scares the people in this thread.

I think someone is getting too deep with conspriacy theories. I hope you not throwing me into this bunch.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hanafuda said:
trestres said:
Diomedes1976 said:
trestres said:
@hanafuda: You obviously ignore all the counter reasons to your ignorant arguments, which means you are trolling. Same for Diomedes.

A game can't sell to people who are not interested in it, as simple as that. It may have not been a quick cash in, but it's a game made obviously for people who watched or at least know about the movie.

As for PES, Diomedes, I know you like trolling but this is just too much, troll. PES was launched on the Wii months later than the PS3 version, it featured a drastically changed control scheme, had a new title "playmaker" and had reduced content. Yet it sold more than 100k, which is pretty good for a game that was released on every other platform months ago and that was a complete new experience (we should know, it's Konami, they are dirty).

Look ,little troll ,you may create all the excuses on the world it wont change a thing.PES on the Wii sold decent numbers but 1/3 of the PS3 version....it had a new control scheme and what not but precisely its the "new controls" what is being dubbed by Nintendo as the key to their success.Thing is ,in traditional games their "new controls" suck.And will continue to suck.As for the reduced content it will always be like that ....SD graphics, ,no online ,less options ,you name it.Thats why I am saying the situation will keep like that.The Wii will alwas be technically limited,it will always have less content ,it will have its waggle controls that core gamers arent so fond as casual gamers.OF course a big game as MH3 can succeed here and then ,just as Mario Galaxy succeded,but the Wii demographics and buying patterns are quite clear right now and we have seen this more than enough.The Wii is no PS2 regarding a lot of issues and it will never be it just doesnt have the features (technical prowess ,storage,controls,online infraestructure,you name it)it would need to be the choice console for both casual and core players.This is a different situation that last generation ,and this time the Wii may be very succesful and all but wont get the big games because of that.

It will be funny to see your facial expression once quality games start hitting the Wii early next year. Funny times ahead.

So we have to wait until next year for quality 3rd party games to start hitting the Wii?

Yes

Skycrawlers got 32/40 in Famitsu. Is that not quality?

I also saw an ad for it on TV last night.

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network
hanafuda said:

32/40 = 80%?

hanafuda said:

32/40 = 80%?

That's not that great in a world where 75% is seen as average.

Also famitsu isn't the best reviewer... what with them admitting things like hype and how much people want them can effect their reviews... shouldn't of effected this review much, but if you have one guy who was a big fan of the movie in the 4 man squad...

The wii music box art makes me want to "pull a persona 3" on myself!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler