By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I the only PS3 owner NOT excited about LBP?

I already have it on pre-order, so not feeling your side of the mix.

"What I'd thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes..."
~ J.D. Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye"

Around the Network

LBP looks killer. One of the few games on the ps3 that truely interests me.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

I don't agree because I found the beta to be fun (there were some gems in some user levels). I like how it's so different from the normal action shooter stuff that we seem to be getting too much of. People complain about the over saturation of shooters, violence, and lack of color so I think that this game could be a breath of fresh air, playing the beta certainly felt that way.

I don't expect non-gamers to be able to master the controls as quickly as I or other gamers can (the first thirty minutes), but I think it's great that the people I've shown the game to (even my parents) have been curious about playing it.

I agree that there are tons of other great games coming out, but opposite of others in this thread, I'll be buying LBP and renting many of the other games.

noname2200 said:
bbsin said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Other than that, Nintendo's cuddly cute creatures can't exactly ride a giant penis into a vagina to complete a stage...

So THAT'S what was missing from Mario Galaxy...

Yep, that's obviously what was missing. They called it Yoshi, on Mario 64. BGD.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Jo21 said:
Zucas said:
makingmusic476 said:
ameratsu said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Also, when cuddly cute creatures are on Nintendo consoles, they're for kids, but when they're on the PS3, they're for everybody...or didn't you get the memo?

Well I can't speak for everybody but for me as long as the game is fun with a resonable amount of quality and polish it's a good game in my book. I like a balance between artsy/cartoony games and realistic/gritty ones though. A nice variety is always a good thing.

I've got to say though, if nintendo had this game as an exclusive, the fanboy defense/attack positions would be reversed. The praise offered by some ps3 fans would become criticism, the criticism offered by some wii fans would become praise. It's interesting how that works.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's amazing the number of Nintendo fan(boy)s that aren't interested in this game, when it should be right up their alley.

How does this fit the Wii gamers stereotype. Last I checked Wii gamers like the easy to pick up and play games. Unfortunately LBP is a level creator which needs a lot of tedious dedication to create a level and design things to be what your vision is. That's kinda the opposite of the Wii gamer stereotype now ain't it.

And of course you can play other people's levels but it's either play amatuer created levels or developer created level. It's an easy call for me if I'm spending $60 haha.

But as I said maybe that's just me but I'll still try it because the little rice sacks are just so cute haha.

you are wrong, brawl had a level editor.

I'm sorry I don't mean to offend you but excuse me why I laugh out of control at this stateme. *10 mins later*

Alright so  ought of all that and all which I said... which is inherently correct by the way aside from where I start talking about me... the only thing you could think of was to say Brawl is a game that sold well and it had a level creator.  Actuallly I give you too much credit because how I jsut said it explains a lot better of what you were trying to get at. 

So first obviously I'm supposed to understand that because a piece of Brawl was a level editor while most of the game was an easy to get into fighter obviously leads to the assumption that a full fledged game being a level creator would also corrolate.  You have got to be fucking kidding me. 

And then secondly your obviously trying to tell me that the Brawl level editor and LittleBigPlanet are on the same levels when it comes to those level creations.  Right I think I've said enough.  I'll just let you figure out what's wrong with all of this.

Around the Network

It's probably the only PS3 game I'll buy this year (not really saying much, as I prefer the Xbox 360).

bbsin said:

No, this isn't another anti-LBP thread, nor am I going to tell anyone what sucks about LBP.

For some reason, I'm just not anymore as excited to play LBP as any other game coming out this month. The great critic reviews, marketing and gamer hype is not doing anything for me. I'll still buy the game (not on midnight), but personally I wouldn't really care if it got delayed or pushed back.

Who else is with me here?

I am hyped about it, but don't worry, you are not alone.

I asked three of my PS3-owning friends whether they were going to buy LittleBigPlanet

The first one said "What is LittleBigPlanet?"

The second one said "What's it about?"

The third one said "Maybe when I have some money to spend on games. It's not top of my list."

To each his own, I guess.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

i didnt play the beta & the game play like a 2D game .. still not excited that much about it .. but i will get it.

Yea, just like most people said in this thread already. They just don't see where the hype is at. I don't personally, I hope it pushes to the casual market more so than the hardcore market.

I plan on purchasing it at a later date. By me playing the beta already. I got a taste of what to expect from this game. It's for short bursts of gaming and then you quickly move on to something else. Its not engaging but once you complete a level you will more than likely drop the sticks and move on or continue to download some more user created levels.

You're not the only one. It hasnt interested me at all since it was announced. La la la....

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )