By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I the only PS3 owner NOT excited about LBP?

its a first day buy for me, it will be my party game :P

Around the Network

seems interesting. Ill definitly try it but it doesnt really appeal to me

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

I'm not PS3 supporter in any fashion, but I'm someone that get give credit where it's due, and I just don't get the hype over LBP. It seems to be a scroll leveling game, with a great library of options...but here's my thing about it...do you want a console to mod or play games? Modding is HUGE in computer gaming, but with Fallout, Resistance, and a slew of other games coming out that will hog some time...are you REALLY going to spend all the time necessary to create these cute little levels to diss 360 and Wii?

I see LBP and get the feeling of watching an episode of the Emperor's New Clothes.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I think you're in the minority on these forums, but the mass majority of PS3 owners worldwide.

Also, when cuddly cute creatures are on Nintendo consoles, they're for kids, but when they're on the PS3, they're for everybody...or didn't you get the memo?A

Because, for the last time, it's not the characters that determine how a game plays and the demographic it tends to. If Marcus Fenix was the main character of LBP, but everything else about it was the same, does that mean LBP only appeals to adolescent boys?

It's just like every KH thread that comes up. It always ends up with "Well, with the characters it has, it suits the Wii the best"

NO!

My favorite example is Raze's Hell on the original Xbox. Rated M, but had "cute, cuddly characters". Obviously not for kiddies. The difference between these games and the ones on Nintendo is that games like Rayman ARE for kids. That's the specific demographic

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Also, when cuddly cute creatures are on Nintendo consoles, they're for kids, but when they're on the PS3, they're for everybody...or didn't you get the memo?

Well I can't speak for everybody but for me as long as the game is fun with a resonable amount of quality and polish it's a good game in my book. I like a balance between artsy/cartoony games and realistic/gritty ones though. A nice variety is always a good thing.

I've got to say though, if nintendo had this game as an exclusive, the fanboy defense/attack positions would be reversed. The praise offered by some ps3 fans would become criticism, the criticism offered by some wii fans would become praise. It's interesting how that works.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
ameratsu said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Also, when cuddly cute creatures are on Nintendo consoles, they're for kids, but when they're on the PS3, they're for everybody...or didn't you get the memo?

Well I can't speak for everybody but for me as long as the game is fun with a resonable amount of quality and polish it's a good game in my book. I like a balance between artsy/cartoony games and realistic/gritty ones though. A nice variety is always a good thing.

I've got to say though, if nintendo had this game as an exclusive, the fanboy defense/attack positions would be reversed. The praise offered by some ps3 fans would become criticism, the criticism offered by some wii fans would become praise. It's interesting how that works.

Exactly what I was thinking.  It's amazing the number of Nintendo fan(boy)s that aren't interested in this game, when it should be right up their alley.

blasphemy. thats all i can say how can someone not want LBP more then any other game this month or even for the rest of the year for that matter.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

No I'm not really excited to spend all that time to create some levels haha. Nor am I really excited about playing levels made by amateurs. But I'll still give it a try because those little rice sacks are so cute.

i am eager to try the creating tools!

I am interested (and a Wii owner.) I was a little disappointed that the PS3 I have easiest access to will not be sitting alongside LBP. My friend who owns it said (like many posters here) that there are just too many games higher on his list.

(His list is much less interesting to me.)

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth