By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I the only PS3 owner NOT excited about LBP?

Zucas said:
makingmusic476 said:
ameratsu said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Also, when cuddly cute creatures are on Nintendo consoles, they're for kids, but when they're on the PS3, they're for everybody...or didn't you get the memo?

Well I can't speak for everybody but for me as long as the game is fun with a resonable amount of quality and polish it's a good game in my book. I like a balance between artsy/cartoony games and realistic/gritty ones though. A nice variety is always a good thing.

I've got to say though, if nintendo had this game as an exclusive, the fanboy defense/attack positions would be reversed. The praise offered by some ps3 fans would become criticism, the criticism offered by some wii fans would become praise. It's interesting how that works.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's amazing the number of Nintendo fan(boy)s that aren't interested in this game, when it should be right up their alley.

How does this fit the Wii gamers stereotype.  Last I checked Wii gamers like the easy to pick up and play games.  Unfortunately LBP is a level creator which needs a lot of tedious dedication to create a level and design things to be what your vision is.  That's kinda the opposite of the Wii gamer stereotype now ain't it. 

And of course you can play other people's levels but it's either play amatuer created levels or developer created level.  It's an easy call for me if I'm spending $60 haha. 

But as I said maybe that's just me but I'll still try it because the little rice sacks are just so cute haha.

It's far from just a level creator.  When I had the beta, I assumed I'd spend most of my time with the level editor, but I ended up spending 90% of my time romping around other people's levels with friends.  A couple of people playing together can have a blast in even the crappiest levels, because of the physics and Sackboy's animations.  Even by yourself, bad levels can be pretty fun.

And don't get me started on the really GOOD levels, like Hollow Bastion and God of War - Demon's Skull.

Definitely try it.  I can understand having your view of the game at the moment, but once you play it, that wiew will be completely flipped upside down, lol.

Around the Network

I am sold to this game simply by looking at Sackboy holding the giant SIXAXIS inside his pod :)

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

im not excited about LBP

but i dont hate it, i'll prolly get it later on, but i just wanna get RESISTANCE 2 so badly.

DMeisterJ said:
I'm extremely excited for this game.

You are alone in this bbsin. Metacritic agrees with me too.

If you're not excited about LBP, you're a fake gamer.

Sorry DMJ, but that's the most ignorant thing you've said on this forum. Are you kidding me?

Did you little brother get ahold of your account information, or what?

Edit: Jesus man, do you know how hard I would destroy that if it were a commoner post? You need to explain yourself, lol. Are you drunk!? I'm gonna have to go after that one without an explaination bro. Game flamed, scorched earth, the whole 9 years. Give me something!

I'm just right on the verge of blowing up the whole stadium, bro.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

bbsin said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Other than that, Nintendo's cuddly cute creatures can't exactly ride a giant penis into a vagina to complete a stage...

So THAT'S what was missing from Mario Galaxy...

Around the Network
McClaren said:
bbsin said:

No, this isn't another anti-LBP thread, nor am I going to tell anyone what sucks about LBP.

For some reason, I'm just not anymore as excited to play LBP as any other game coming out this month. The great critic reviews, marketing and gamer hype is not doing anything for me. I'll still buy the game (not on midnight), but personally I wouldn't really care if it got delayed or pushed back.

Who else is with me here?

So are you not very excited about ANY of the games coming out this month?

Very excited? no. I'm looking forward to some games, such as Deadspace, Fallout, motorstorm, fable and LBP. But I can't say that I'm excited or cannot wait to play any of those games. It's not that I'm taking a jab at LBP or anyother game, it's just that I cannot find a reason to make a huge deal out of it.

Zucas said:
makingmusic476 said:
ameratsu said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Also, when cuddly cute creatures are on Nintendo consoles, they're for kids, but when they're on the PS3, they're for everybody...or didn't you get the memo?

Well I can't speak for everybody but for me as long as the game is fun with a resonable amount of quality and polish it's a good game in my book. I like a balance between artsy/cartoony games and realistic/gritty ones though. A nice variety is always a good thing.

I've got to say though, if nintendo had this game as an exclusive, the fanboy defense/attack positions would be reversed. The praise offered by some ps3 fans would become criticism, the criticism offered by some wii fans would become praise. It's interesting how that works.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's amazing the number of Nintendo fan(boy)s that aren't interested in this game, when it should be right up their alley.

How does this fit the Wii gamers stereotype.  Last I checked Wii gamers like the easy to pick up and play games.  Unfortunately LBP is a level creator which needs a lot of tedious dedication to create a level and design things to be what your vision is.  That's kinda the opposite of the Wii gamer stereotype now ain't it. 

And of course you can play other people's levels but it's either play amatuer created levels or developer created level.  It's an easy call for me if I'm spending $60 haha. 

But as I said maybe that's just me but I'll still try it because the little rice sacks are just so cute haha.

you are wrong, brawl had a level editor.

Eternal Sonata will be exciting next week, and will initially take up more of my time, but after that LittleBigPlanet will probably be the only game that I play for the rest of the year. Resistance 2 was gunna be a day one purchase, but then I got in the LBP beta, and now shooters just seem lame in comparison.

It's all about the game.

bbsin said:

It's really not only these forums that I'd be the minority in, if anything it seems that the "hardcore" fanbase of the PS3 install base are the ones most excited about LBP. Given that the "core" fanbase probably takes up the mass majority of the PS3 demographic, I'd say that existing PS3 owners would buy this game but I can't say the same about LBP's ability to move consoles or expand the userbase.

Other than that, Nintendo's cuddly cute creatures can't exactly ride a giant penis into a vagina to complete a stage...

Yea thats going into my sig :)

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

I'll definitely be getting it, it comes out the same day as Far Cry 2 but being a FPS whore I think Far Cry 2 will have my initial attention.