By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I the only PS3 owner NOT excited about LBP?

bbsin said:

No, this isn't another anti-LBP thread, nor am I going to tell anyone what sucks about LBP.

For some reason, I'm just not anymore as excited to play LBP as any other game coming out this month. The great critic reviews, marketing and gamer hype is not doing anything for me. I'll still buy the game (not on midnight), but personally I wouldn't really care if it got delayed or pushed back.

Who else is with me here?

So are you not very excited about ANY of the games coming out this month?

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
ameratsu said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Also, when cuddly cute creatures are on Nintendo consoles, they're for kids, but when they're on the PS3, they're for everybody...or didn't you get the memo?

Well I can't speak for everybody but for me as long as the game is fun with a resonable amount of quality and polish it's a good game in my book. I like a balance between artsy/cartoony games and realistic/gritty ones though. A nice variety is always a good thing.

I've got to say though, if nintendo had this game as an exclusive, the fanboy defense/attack positions would be reversed. The praise offered by some ps3 fans would become criticism, the criticism offered by some wii fans would become praise. It's interesting how that works.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's amazing the number of Nintendo fan(boy)s that aren't interested in this game, when it should be right up their alley.

How does this fit the Wii gamers stereotype.  Last I checked Wii gamers like the easy to pick up and play games.  Unfortunately LBP is a level creator which needs a lot of tedious dedication to create a level and design things to be what your vision is.  That's kinda the opposite of the Wii gamer stereotype now ain't it. 

And of course you can play other people's levels but it's either play amatuer created levels or developer created level.  It's an easy call for me if I'm spending $60 haha. 

But as I said maybe that's just me but I'll still try it because the little rice sacks are just so cute haha.

I'm extremely excited for this game.

You are alone in this bbsin. Metacritic agrees with me too.

If you're not excited about LBP, you're a fake gamer.

I'll let Gamepro explain it to you

There's really nothing I can say other than this: if you own a PS3 and you don't buy LittleBigPlanet, you are robbing yourself of one of the most unique gaming experiences ever designed

Oh, and @ Zucas

They're called Sackboys!!!

DMeisterJ said:

There's really nothing I can say other than this: if you own a PS3 and you don't buy LittleBigPlanet, you are robbing yourself of one of the most unique gaming experiences ever designed

Oh, and @ Zucas

Yea like hacky sacks if I had to take a guess.  Didn't those used to have rice or a rice like thing that was in them.  Meaning thye are rice sacks.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
DMeisterJ said:

Oh, and @ Zucas

Yea like hacky sacks if I had to take a guess.  Didn't those used to have rice or a rice like thing that was in them.  Meaning thye are rice sacks.

:'(

Sorry Sackboy.

Now look what you've done Zucas.

Sackboy is sad.

Apoligize?

Awh he's not cute anymore. But sackboy just sounds so vulgar so I call him a rice sack instead or maybe even a hacky sack haha

Getting it ASAP. Different people, different tastes.

4 ≈ One

Sackboy for Prez!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

DMeisterJ said:
I'm extremely excited for this game.

You are alone in this bbsin. Metacritic agrees with me too.

If you're not excited about LBP, you're a fake gamer.

Well, this game doesn't appeal to me at all. I may need to play it, but i get more excited to play Resistance than LBP.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)