By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Am I the only PS3 owner NOT excited about LBP?

I played the beta, and decided to wait a few months until there is a lot more user generated content. The base levels to me were ok. Some of the user stuff was awesome, but the majority was pretty crappy. With so much stuff coming in the next month I don't see myself having time to sit their creating levels for hours. So I will pick it up down the road.

Around the Network
ecurbj said:
d21lewis said:
I pity the poor sap who buys this game and isn't online!

Are you talking VGChartz or PSN?

I think he means PSN. I disagree with that actually, in a way. I feel the appeal of the game to the core is creating your own levels, less than playing other created ones. If you never plan to make a level yourself, then those people, online or not, might want to rent.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'm not that excited either about the game.
I plan to buy it but it won't be a day one purchase and I actually doubt it will happen before 4-5 months after it's release.
There are a lot of good titles coming out in the next months and I like to wait to buy a new title to be done with the game I am currently working on ( otherwise I buy games I end up never playing like I did with the PS2 because too many titles were coming out at the same time).

My next purchase is Bioshock, then probably Motorstorm, RFoM2, Prince of Persia and Lotr Conquest. ( might stick Valkyrie Chronicles in the middle which would push some purchases back by a few weeks).
LBP should be the purchase after that...

At the same time I will be renting a bunch of games( Deadspace, Quantom of Solace, Tomb Raider) that I find nice but do not deem as a buy, at least LBP has made it to my buy column so far...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Yes, your the only one!

yeah i'm with you bbsin only i'll never get lbp but i'm exicted for it to come out and help with hardware sales

Play Me

Around the Network

I don't like it because it looks like a game that can be boring for me in a few hours.

And I am that kind of a guy who gets tired of things fast.

Im excited for Resistance 2 and Socom... LBP is not my type of game, but since the reviews are good im going to rent to see how fun it is.

I meant PSN. Downloadable skins, downloadable levels, online multiplayer, etc. Half the fun of this game is the online component. When somebody better than me completely remakes Super Mario or some other classic, I'll gladly download it.

Ill probably never play LBP. I think its an awesome idea but its just not my type of game.

PSN ID: getrdone25

The game is not for everyone and i doubt people will fault you for not wanting to buy it. Its a simple platformer with the ability to create levels and play them online with people or play them by yourself.