By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New "Tales Of" for Wii/DS/PSP

ckmlb said:

Edit: Is this a turn based RPG? I've never played it.

No, it's real-time.

Around the Network

Wow, some love for ToS. Have anyone played any of the other Tales games???? I thought it was a bit weak. (primarily in story.) But oh well. It was a good game nonetheless.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
SilentWolf said:

Only 4 times? I beat it 17 times! It's that good. Looks like I think I literally broke a world record.... XD
Wow!!!  I didn't think that I had the highest number, but still Wow.  I don't think I can beat that,(as he turns on his Wii and gets the ToS disc) but I will try.  

F'n Awesome news!

Tales of Symphonia was a great game surprisingly because of gameplay and not because of a strong story. Pretty awkward for an rpg, but it worked. The battles in that game were so fun.

Tales of Symphonia2 coming to wii, that is great news. Takes place 2 years after the events of the first game....wonder if they will pull a Golden Sun and you can transfer data from the first game. There were 2 endings with major differences(having Zelos or not). That would be so awesome, still have my memory card.

Also a ds rpg that I will definitely look foward to. Great news, great news.

Around the Network

I've logged a couple hundred hours with the game...I have no idea how though. I only played through it twice and my second disc isn't working anymore. Really the time flies when you play that game.

IGN reported it, http://wii.ign.com/articles/806/806798p1.html

It's that time of the year again! Every so often, Bandai Namco gathers members of the press in Tokyo to confirm that all those peculiar "Tales of" names that have leaked through patent filings are indeed real games. The latest announcement meeting was held in Tokyo today.

Blogging live from the event, Japan's Gemaga reports that four titles were announced across a variety of platforms. However, the emphasis appears to be on the Nintendo side.

Following up on last year's Tales of the Tempest, DS owners can look forward to another original Tales game, Tales of Innocence. Developed by Alfa Systems, the title will see Japanese release towards the end of this year.

Wii isn't going to let the DS have the fun all to itself. Did you enjoy Tales of Symphonia on the GameCube or (later) the PS2? Then you'll want to check out Tales of Symphonia: Ratatoskr no Kishi. A direct sequel to Symphonia, this Wii-only title takes place in the same world, but two years later. A Japanese release is set for Spring 2008.

Sony systems are also getting some Tales, only through older titles. Tales of Destiny will be released on the PS2 as Tales of Destiny Director's Cut. Meanwhile, PSP will get a version of Tales of Rebirth. Both are set for Japanese release in early 2008.

We'll have more on the new Tales announcements in a bit, so RPG fans be sure and check back!"

-IGN

We can only hope that Bandai/namco's future work with Nintendo will bring more of their games state side as they are even worse than Konami when it comes to not bothering with Western releases for most of their games.

Symphonia was the only Tales game that I ever played, and the only reason that I bought it then was because the GameCube was starving for some good RPG's.

The game definetly was in my Fav 5 behind only the likes of Resident Evil 4 and the beautiful Baten Kaitos.

I never knew Namco had it in em

I'll have my copy of Symphonia 2, on whatever day it launches, and hopefully the game is a lot longer cause obviously everyone has played through the game dozens of times........

LeroyBrown said:
ckmlb said:
carlos710 said:
Seems like some developers are really shifting resources to the Wii after all :)

You mean from the Gamecube? The last game was on the gamecube and the release on PS2 after was only in Japan...

Edit: Is this a turn based RPG? I've never played it.

Actually the last several tales of games were PS2 exclusives.

This one wasn't it was a GC exclusive (Tales of Symphonia).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!