By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New "Tales Of" for Wii/DS/PSP

ckmlb said:
LeroyBrown said:
ckmlb said:
carlos710 said:
Seems like some developers are really shifting resources to the Wii after all :)

You mean from the Gamecube? The last game was on the gamecube and the release on PS2 after was only in Japan...

Edit: Is this a turn based RPG? I've never played it.

Actually the last several tales of games were PS2 exclusives.

This one wasn't it was a GC exclusive (Tales of Symphonia).

For the western release yeah. So what you were saying is that making a sequel to a GC game doesn't count? right?

Around the Network

A direct sequel to Tales of Symphonia on the Wii is something that I definitely looking forward to. Tales of Symphonia was one of the greatest RPGs ever made IMHO.

Just kiss the tip.

^^^ LOL!!... ToS was good.... now your taking things too far.. One of the Greatest RPG's ever. You need to play more rpgs buddy

Yes it was one of the best RPGs ever made. Chrono Trigger is still the best, but after CT we had few above average RPGs. Symphonia is one of the above excellent titles.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

The only RPG I ever enjoyed more than TOS was FF7.

Around the Network

Symphonia isn't even the best RPG in its series. I'm looking forward to ToS: RK and I'm buying it launch day, but I'm not going to get carried away by its status.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I'm still annoyed at Regal refusing to fight with(removed for spoiler purposes. Meh). Lazy bastard.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Found this on wikipedia, don't know how reliable it is, sounds legite though.    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Symphonia_2

"Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratalosk (???), known to fans as Tales of Symphonia 2, is a sequel to Tales of Symphonia. It was announced on July 20, 2007 and it is believed to be set to release sometime in 2008. According to Shonen Jump, it will be a Wii exclusive.

The game's story takes place 2 years after the events of the first Symphonia and the protagonist is named Emil. It has also been confirmed that all Symphonia party characters will return and the new protagonists will unite with the former. A sort of Pokemon-like system to capture monsters and train them has also been confirmed.

The game will make use of Tales of the Abyss's critically acclaimed Flex Range Linear Motion Battle System (FR-LMBS)."

Pic of 2 new characters Emil and Malta

Even more great news with the returning characters and the use of FR-LMBS. Me thinks this game is going to be a hit.

Wow, this is an announcement i've really been waiting for! Now I just hope the game will be on the same level as ToS, and that it comes to the west.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)