By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New "Tales Of" for Wii/DS/PSP

It could just be because they are early screens ckmlb, but yeah I agree, not particularly impressive. Then again White Knight Story isn't impressive for the PS3 graphics either yet you seem ready to praise that pretty quickly 2 topics away?

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Those screens look better than the original Symphonia.

Tales of Symphonia, 2004 on Gamecube.

Tales of Symphonia, 2007 on Wii.

The DS game I really like how it looks, the Wii game is not good in my opinion. 

It should look so much better with the hardware they are making it on.

Or it could just be crappy screens, but these are the first I see of the game.

From what I uderstand the DS game has been in development for a long time, or long in terms of a handheld game so the game has good handheld graphics.

On the wii, I don't care.  They can make the graphics the same as the gamecube version and I would still get the game, like it, love it.  This particular game has never been about graphics.  It's the gameplay that rocks here man, the gameplay.  This game is just loads of fun to play. Symphonia games use cell-shaded graphics, don't expect so much.

And yes I agree with the others that it already looks better than the gc version.  The backround ocean in the pic where the guy is fighting the crappy looking turtle looks better than any of the water I've seen on the gc version of symphonia. I want to play this game so bad.  I have to replay the first game all over again now. Great, here goes another chunk of hours from my life.

Some environment pics revealed. Some new and old locations there. I like the one with Lloyd's statue. Makes me nostalgic.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/951/951711/imgs_1.html

They look slightly better than the gc ones, but hardly. I don't mind though.