By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New "Tales Of" for Wii/DS/PSP

Wow Tales of Innocence and ToS2 look great.... more money I don't really have that I now have to spend.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
It's not Tales of Symphonia 2, it's a spinoff, and the picture is of all the Tales male leads. The red-head is Luke from Abyss.
What the hell are you talking about? 

This game takes place 2 years after the original tales of symphonia. How is it a spinoff.

iclim4 said:

wait wait wait... new unite with the former?. i thought old heroes are coming back as npcs?.
can anyone confirm this?

Yeah I heard something about that to. We need a link somebody.  I read on IGN that the wii game is a sequel to the first symphonia game, but then I hear people saying it's a spinoff game...???? I also heard that the characters from the first game are returning, but then I also hear only as NPCs???

Need some proof.

Namco has it billed as a spinoff. That's why it's NOT called Tales of Symphonia 2. Tales of Destiny 2 (the real one for PS2, not Eternia) was a real sequel to Destiny, and was also a main game in the series. ToS: Ratatosk Knight is the spinoff while Innocence is the next main game in the series.

Not only that, but RK displays all the Tales spinoff symptons. 2 new characters to join the old ones (male and female), and an experimental gameplay system that doesn't make it into the main line of games. Narikiri Dungeon played with job classes, RK is playing with monster breeding.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Namco has it billed as a spinoff. That's why it's NOT called Tales of Symphonia 2. Tales of Destiny 2 (the real one for PS2, not Eternia) was a real sequel to Destiny, and was also a main game in the series. ToS: Ratatosk Knight is the spinoff while Innocence is the next main game in the series.

Not only that, but RK displays all the Tales spinoff symptons. 2 new characters to join the old ones (male and female), and an experimental gameplay system that doesn't make it into the main line of games. Narikiri Dungeon played with job classes, RK is playing with monster breeding.

It's still gonna be a badass game.

The screens don't look so good. Hell the DS game looks surprisingly good for a DS game, the Wii one, not so much...

Famitsu scans-

Tales of Symphonia:

http://www.tg-media.net/famitsu/2007/july25/img051_marked.jpg

Tales of Innocence:

http://www.tg-media.net/famitsu/2007/july25/img050_marked.jpg
http://www.tg-media.net/famitsu/2007/july25/img049_marked.jpg
http://www.tg-media.net/famitsu/2007/july25/img048_marked.jpg

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Those screens look better than the original Symphonia.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Those screens look better than the original Symphonia.

Tales of Symphonia, 2004 on Gamecube.

Tales of Symphonia, 2007 on Wii.

The DS game I really like how it looks, the Wii game is not good in my opinion. 

It should look so much better with the hardware they are making it on.

Or it could just be crappy screens, but these are the first I see of the game.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

It's not a FPS, it's not even a W-RPG, it's a J-RPG.

And as such, it looks good enough. Better than this and it will be only eye candy.

How good it looks is not so much important in a RPG : gameplay (combat, loading times, encounters mode, ...), story, characters' relationships (allowing you to identify to them and immerse in the game) are what matters most.

BTW, it looks already better  than the GC game. With the combat system from TotAbyss, it will own already in combat gameplay.
 We can count on having as much loading as on GC (nearly unnoticeable).

This game already has everything to own ToS.

Given that I will have clocked nearly 300 hours to get everything from ToS (4 playthroughs), I will get this one on day launch (perhaps not japanese version, if the others get japanese voices).

To think I bought the Wii mainly for Fire Emblem which isn't even out yet outside of Japan ...

I already choke on all my RPG backlog. We'll get right back to it.