By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New "Tales Of" for Wii/DS/PSP

Namco/Bandai playing the field yet again. I miss the days when you could have a franchise on one console.

Around the Network

Another reason to say no thanks to the PS3. Tales of.... would perhaps have been one of the reasons for a PS3, but since they're focussing on the DS as indeed stated, and also the WII, PS3 doesn't have to expect any Tales of game any time soon. Unless the Director's Cut version of TOD will hit the PS3, but I doubt it...

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Oh according to Dengekionline, Tales of Destiny Director's Cut is heading to the PS2 begin 2008:

http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2007/7/20/e348ea3f1d9279f73dfff7acc50c7396.html

Tales of Symphonia beginning 2008 in Japan... YEAH!!

ClaudeLv250 said:

MEGATON: At the Tales conference, it was announced that DS will be the LEAD platform for future Tales games. (?!?!?!?!) http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/gemaga1985/13655183.html

Whoa!!

If true, this IS a megaton. First DQ9, now Tales. I so do love my DS...

And I'll say it again... this makes every major Japanese developer... except for Konami. The day Silent Hill / MGS are announced for the DS/Wii - the revolution will be complete!!

PS - thanks for the msgs WiiGirl ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Damm realy hoped that tales of destiny would come to the Wii. I just loved that game would be awsome to see a remake.

Even tho I got a cube I never got tales of symponia guess I must pick up that game.

DS is like the hottest system out there but I think we will see a shift to console agian around next year when the instal base of the conloses has grown. Hoping it to be the Wii but  I think the PS3 has a better chance. It all depents on FFXIII if that fails lots of RPG publishers wil not risk a big budget titel on the PS3 agian. So thay will foces more on Wii that will have a massive userbase in Japan by then.

Around the Network

Here the confirmation concerning Tales of Destiny Director's Cut for the PS2, from the official Bandai Namco Games website:

http://namco-ch.net/taleschannel/index.html

I was listening to IGN Wiikly maybe a month ago and Matt Cassamssina dropped a few not so sobtle hints that this game was coming to Wii but not to expect much from it, in other words a low quality cash in.

Hope I'm wrong.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

IGN is mostly full of balony, have they played the game yet? No. Or at least a playable demo? No. Have they seen trailers or anything like that? No.

WiiGirl76 said:
IGN is mostly full of balony, have they played the game yet? No. Or at least a playable demo? No. Have they seen trailers or anything like that? No.

I'm not so sure, they predicted Soul Caliber Legends would suck and Joystiq's recent hands on seems to confirm this. I think in most cases they're basing their views off of reasonably dependable sources, so imo, it's not just a case of 'let's rag on this game cause we feel like it'.

They may not have played it or seen footage but they may be aware of the team making it, it's ballpark budget or target dev time, all which provide clues to whether a game will be worth playing or not.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

It's using the TotA LMBS. They're going to have to work hard to make the game NOT rock.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"