By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

MGS4 is indeed awesome, but from my perspective, LBP takes a steaming hot dump on MGS4.

I just can't bring myself to play MGS games more than 1 or 2 times.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
masterb8tr said:
^i actually find them hard to compare both are awesome games.

and so completely different. But hey, oranges are softer and juicier than apples. They are obviously the better choice.

Reviews don't affect sales very much, but still nice - ps3 could use a few 90+ rated games.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Really good scores so far.

frybread said:

Reviews don't affect sales very much, but still nice - ps3 could use a few 90+ rated games.

Haze, Lair, and Too Human all beg to differ.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

MGS4 is indeed awesome, but from my perspective, LBP takes a steaming hot dump on MGS4.

I just can't bring myself to play MGS games more than 1 or 2 times.

I concur with the statement, except I would like to add a dirty sanchez to the end of it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

leo-j said:
Lets hope it stays above 95.. honestly though I have played the beta, and it still IMO does not come close to the master piece that is MGS4.

That might be because you and I are biased. We are the target market for MGS, and not the ideal market for LBP.

No matter how great LBP is(and it is great) a game like it could never, in our eyes, be as good as MGS4. MGS4 is just too much of what we want. There are actually many games that LBP could never be as good as, in our eyes, I just know that MGS4 is one we'd both easily agree on. It would also never be as good as VII, RE4, or OOT, in my eyes, you may or may not agree.

Again, LBP is magnificant. Just don't expect it to dethrone any hardcore kings, unless your favorite kind of gaming is simple, innovative, and fun. If you like LBP, you should probably buy a Wii, for Nintendo games too, lol. Check out Mario Galaxy. Another magnificant game, however, it'll never be my favorite game, because it's different from the things I like in my favorite games, which are RE4, OOT, MGS, VII, and Fire Emblem.

This isn't everyone, just the type of gamer that Leo-J, I, and our market segment(which in this case isn't defined by age) are.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Lair and Haze have probably made 400K-500K ....not bad I would say.

Dead Space is a magnific game ....Little Big Planet is a marvelous and unique one .....we must be happy both are here.Alongs Saints Rows 2,Bioshock ,Fallout 3 ,Valkyrie of the Battlefield ,Resistance 2 .....the PS3 library is turning one of the greatest ever at this point in the respective lifetimes...

Diomedes1976 said:
Lair and Haze have probably made 400K-500K ....not bad I would say.

Dead Space is a magnific game ....Little Big Planet is a marvelous and unique one .....we must be happy both are here.Alongs Saints Rows 2,Bioshock ,Fallout 3 ,Valkyrie of the Battlefield ,Resistance 2 .....the PS3 library is turning one of the greatest ever at this point in the respective lifetimes...

Yeah, the PS3 does have a good library, considering the time it has been on market since launch. I wouldn't say it's the greatest ever, but it's good.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:
Lets hope it stays above 95.. honestly though I have played the beta, and it still IMO does not come close to the master piece that is MGS4.

That might be because you and I are biased. We are the target market for MGS, and not the ideal market for LBP.

No matter how great LBP is(and it is great) a game like it could never, in our eyes, be as good as MGS4. MGS4 is just too much of what we want. There are actually many games that LBP could never be as good as, in our eyes, I just know that MGS4 is one we'd both easily agree on. It would also never be as good as VII, RE4, or OOT, in my eyes, you may or may not agree.

Again, LBP is magnificant. Just don't expect it to dethrone any hardcore kings, unless your favorite kind of gaming is simple, innovative, and fun. If you like LBP, you should probably buy a Wii, for Nintendo games too, lol. Check out Mario Galaxy. Another magnificant game, however, it'll never be my favorite game, because it's different from the things I like in my favorite games, which are RE4, OOT, MGS, VII, and Fire Emblem.

This isn't everyone, just the type of gamer that Leo-J, I, and our market segment(which in this case isn't defined by age) are.

I almost fit in your group, only difference with us is that I think VII can't hold VI's jockstrap.

It has been mentioned in this thread already but would Dead Space fit into your gaming style? It looks awesome.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!