By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Diomedes1976 said:
Lair and Haze have probably made 400K-500K ....not bad I would say.

Dead Space is a magnific game ....Little Big Planet is a marvelous and unique one .....we must be happy both are here.Alongs Saints Rows 2,Bioshock ,Fallout 3 ,Valkyrie of the Battlefield ,Resistance 2 .....the PS3 library is turning one of the greatest ever at this point in the respective lifetimes...

But you don't think they would have gotten 800k-1mil if the review scores were even 15-20% higher? (Lair 75% - Haze 85%)

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

I almost fit in your group, only difference with us is that I think VII can't hold VI's jockstrap.

It has been mentioned in this thread already but would Dead Space fit into your gaming style? It looks awesome.

I missed VI when it came out on SNES, lol(beat it twice in recent years). Anyway, yeah, it's awesome. I played VII first, so that skews my opinion.

As for Dead Space, I was/am really excited about the game(as I am LBP, just because I don't fine a particular genre my "favorite" doesn't mean I don't respect quality within it). The XOM review threw me for a loop, but I've decided to discredit it.

I can't afford to buy it, actually, because I have Fable 2 and Fallout 3 prepaid and preordered, so instead I'm renting it on Gamefly. I've had it at the top of my empty queue for weeks, so I should be in the first batch of shipped copies. If I like it enough, I'll buy it, but like I said, I'm kinda broke, so I fully expect a superb rental. I highly recommend the service, since a lot of games out nowadays are ending at around 6 hours. CoD4 is an execption(bought that sucker), but usually a playthrough or two and a sending back of the item is pretty efficient cost wise.

I think it was you that said LBP takes a dump on MGS4. I can't agree with that, because I think the games are like apples and oranges. LBP sure, has more immdiate and long-term fun than MGS4, but MGS4 was also an experience, so it all depends on your perspective(which you fairly indicated). I mean, SMG isn't my target game either, but I bought it day 1, and enjoyed the hell out of it. When I say LBP isn't ever gonna be my "favorite game" that's not taking away from LBP, its just describing my personal tastes.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

new review scores put it slightly under Zelda, but i expect the game to average around 95.

Its actually reviewing around where I expected it too. Innovation + great design will pretty much always net a developer 90-100% in most reviews.

Tease.

LBP>ALL 360 EXCLUSIVES

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:

But you don't think they would have gotten 800k-1mil if the review scores were even 15-20% higher? (Lair 75% - Haze 85%)

No.  You're confusing correlation with causation.  You should also consider that:

Someone plays the game before purchasing and forms their own opinion.

Some make purchases based a friend's opinion, rather than a critics.

Someone makes a purchasing decision off of a preview, rather than a review.

Someone makes a purchasing decision based off of an advertisement.

IGN has shown how little their reviews affect sales, I'd dig up the study if I weren't so lazy.  Review scores are mostly for fanboys like us to fight about.

I'd say quality affects sales more than a journalist's opinion of that quality.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

LOL MATURE said:

Dunno but unlikely

Okami PS2 93% 149k

Okami Wii 90% 124k

Figures... 

sweetoothj said:
LBP>ALL 360 EXCLUSIVES

Just go away please.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

ultimate_123 said:

Just go away please.

Says ultimate_123 AKA "LBP will be 65-80 average"

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Euphoria14 said:

I almost fit in your group, only difference with us is that I think VII can't hold VI's jockstrap.

It has been mentioned in this thread already but would Dead Space fit into your gaming style? It looks awesome.

I missed VI when it came out on SNES, lol(beat it twice in recent years). Anyway, yeah, it's awesome. I played VII first, so that skews my opinion.

As for Dead Space, I was/am really excited about the game(as I am LBP, just because I don't fine a particular genre my "favorite" doesn't mean I don't respect quality within it). The XOM review threw me for a loop, but I've decided to discredit it.

I can't afford to buy it, actually, because I have Fable 2 and Fallout 3 prepaid and preordered, so instead I'm renting it on Gamefly. I've had it at the top of my empty queue for weeks, so I should be in the first batch of shipped copies. If I like it enough, I'll buy it, but like I said, I'm kinda broke, so I fully expect a superb rental. I highly recommend the service, since a lot of games out nowadays are ending at around 6 hours. CoD4 is an execption(bought that sucker), but usually a playthrough or two and a sending back of the item is pretty efficient cost wise.

I think it was you that said LBP takes a dump on MGS4. I can't agree with that, because I think the games are like apples and oranges. LBP sure, has more immdiate and long-term fun than MGS4, but MGS4 was also an experience, so it all depends on your perspective(which you fairly indicated). I mean, SMG isn't my target game either, but I bought it day 1, and enjoyed the hell out of it. When I say LBP isn't ever gonna be my "favorite game" that's not taking away from LBP, its just describing my personal tastes.

I have Gamefly as well, excellent service I agree. I have Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery on the way soon.

Won't rent Fable II though, I may be a bit short on cash but I must own that game, it deserves that much.

As for the LBP/MGS4 comment, I see what you mean with the apples and oranges comment, both are awesome, best in their respective genre in my opinion. Although if I had to just choose one, I would go LBP without hesitation.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!