By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fallout 3: The Latest Victim of Piracy

Yep, I hate pirates, thieves, and scum. I stand for the light.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Sad... Just sad...

cleveland124 said:
kutasek said:
At least ps3 is safe from piracy for now.

PS3 has lost most of its exclusives to the Xbox.  So PS3 or not, most of the PS3 games can be had for free.  I'm starting to believe the future is digital download.  Not because consumers want digital download, but because it will be the only way companies can protect their assets. 

oh so M$ are finally handing out 360's for free

LOL...j/k,,,,,couldn't resist

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Mistershine said:
They don't even give you time to publish the damn games anymore.

LMAO. This post just made my day.

Pirates are working fast these days.

4 ≈ One

Oh boohoo. It's a lot more work to get it to work on a 360 then a PC. There'll be maybe 100,000 copies MAX that get pirated compared to probably MILLIONS of the PC version.

Around the Network

i hope everyone that downloads the game gets aids.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Here's another nail in the 'PC gaming is dead'......uuuuhhhhhhhh no wait.

Don't see the point in that kind of comment, PC piracy is infinitely more damaging and widespread than console piracy, and always will be.

This game is an odd case though, it's different when a game is released by a shop early, this one is still a bit away. How exactly did Jack Sparrow get his hands on a copy?

Will you teach me to football?

VBI said:
Don't see the point in that kind of comment, PC piracy is infinitely more damaging and widespread than console piracy, and always will be.

This game is an odd case though, it's different when a game is released by a shop early, this one is still a bit away. How exactly did Jack Sparrow get his hands on a copy?

INFINITELY?  Damn.

I mean, let's not take into account the thousands of copies of console games in poorer countries or anything...that doesn't have ANY affect on the console market.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

What are the numbers of chipped 360 consoles? Is Fallout 3 going to increase that number? Would the people with chipped 360 consoles have purchased the game if it wasn't avaliable for piracy? Or would they have merely downloaded Fable II, Gears 2, or World at War, instead?