By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fallout 3: The Latest Victim of Piracy

VBI said:
BenKenobi88 said:
VBI said:
Don't see the point in that kind of comment, PC piracy is infinitely more damaging and widespread than console piracy, and always will be.

This game is an odd case though, it's different when a game is released by a shop early, this one is still a bit away. How exactly did Jack Sparrow get his hands on a copy?

INFINITELY?  Damn.

I mean, let's not take into account the thousands of copies of console games in poorer countries or anything...that doesn't have ANY affect on the console market.

Well, if you're going to play semantics with words...the effect on the console business in poorer countries ISN'T actually that big a deal, because the biggest markets are where the money is.

It just seems off, and annoying, that on the few occasions console piracy has a news article, PC-tards appear to dish out the usual "buh PC is only victim of piratez!" crap. No need to post that kind of thing at all in this article, because as I said, the difference between the 2 is impossibly vast. If it's having "an" effect on console business, then by the same token it must be having a colossal effect on PC game sales.

People pirate games in those countries because the prices are ridiculously high.

But the prices are high because people pirate so much and videogame companies aren't going to expand to countries that'll simply pirate away their merchandise.  Hell, Nintendo only just started selling consoles to China last year.

I think you just need to lighten up...how do you think the "PC-tards" feel when someone brings up something random about piracy in a regular PC thread.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I doubt it was someone at the production plant, I mean most production line workers would be older men with families, who probably don't even know the value of the disc they are pressing (or however the process works).

I think Bethesda may have to accept the fact that one of their own is a no-good pirate.

I think console piracy is higher than one may think, I know five people with systems that play "back up games" that regularly use xbox live too.

Hello World

but with the new update , i believe Microsoft will use a ban wave for this reason...

Ithink the market is UNBALANCED, you have gmes with HIGH PRICE, that could be 9.99 and sell 6x more...
I think it's time for Publishers get a deep breath and re-think profit margins, gloss and baton colour.

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Around the Network

Yeah, been playin this game on a friend's modded 360 - it's overrated imo. Now, why is it taking the pirates so long for Fable II...?

jk. - though I know someone who's probably playing it right now...

Anyway, the type of people that mod consoles aren't the ones bitching about DRM or trying to justify their actions for what they do - they just don't care. And yeah, they weren't going to buy it anyway - they would have just found another method of getting the game for free. I'm pretty sure the number of modded consoles is small enough that this wouldn't make much of a dent on its sales.

These very same people would EASILY have waited the 2-3 more weeks for release just to pirate it anyways. How is this even surprising to people? Pirates are like serial killers, they do it over and over again, they do not care, and if given the chance to go ahead with their plans early, they'll do it again.