By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fallout 3: The Latest Victim of Piracy

Pirates are amazing , they'll probably be able to release copies before the games are made in future.

Around the Network

my friend's modified 360 can online!!

cleveland124 said:
kutasek said:
At least ps3 is safe from piracy for now.

PS3 has lost most of its exclusives to the Xbox.  So PS3 or not, most of the PS3 games can be had for free.  I'm starting to believe the future is digital download.  Not because consumers want digital download, but because it will be the only way companies can protect their assets. 

True dat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Dammit here I thought I was the only one with a copy, but yeah this isn't unexpected I mean Bethesda even gave us a review copy while where just a college magazine (we do however study game design).

ahcheng said:
my friend's modified 360 can online!!

They can ALL online until they're caught.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Yep, I hate pirates, thieves, and scum. I stand for the light.

On thing we can agree on.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

I phrase although I don't like the guy who said it---"It's the economy, stupid!"

ps3 its the only one not modding spread yet

BenKenobi88 said:
VBI said:
Don't see the point in that kind of comment, PC piracy is infinitely more damaging and widespread than console piracy, and always will be.

This game is an odd case though, it's different when a game is released by a shop early, this one is still a bit away. How exactly did Jack Sparrow get his hands on a copy?

INFINITELY?  Damn.

I mean, let's not take into account the thousands of copies of console games in poorer countries or anything...that doesn't have ANY affect on the console market.

Well, if you're going to play semantics with words...the effect on the console business in poorer countries ISN'T actually that big a deal, because the biggest markets are where the money is.

It just seems off, and annoying, that on the few occasions console piracy has a news article, PC-tards appear to dish out the usual "buh PC is only victim of piratez!" crap. No need to post that kind of thing at all in this article, because as I said, the difference between the 2 is impossibly vast. If it's having "an" effect on console business, then by the same token it must be having a colossal effect on PC game sales.

Will you teach me to football?

the new lite-on drives on XBOX360 cant be hacked...