By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fallout 3: The Latest Victim of Piracy

Meh... This is really a minor issue. Console piracy isn't really threatening. Modding a console is complex and voids your warranty. There aren't a lot of people that are doing it. Some of them will download that game prior to release but they will wear the marks of that copy on their 360 (achievements prior to the release date) and may get banned from xbox Live because of that. So it's not really a big deal. Piracy on PC is much worse (take Spore for example).

And to the person that said: "i hope everyone that downloads the game gets aids.". I think that was a really childish comment.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network
VBI said:
Don't see the point in that kind of comment, PC piracy is infinitely more damaging and widespread than console piracy, and always will be.

This game is an odd case though, it's different when a game is released by a shop early, this one is still a bit away. How exactly did Jack Sparrow get his hands on a copy?

you forget though that pc gaming is infinitely more widespread than console gaming, especially compaired to the 360.  lets see, 360, 21 million people.  pc gaming, few hundred million.

Not cool pirates suck.

Every second copy of a PC game is pirated these days. The ease of downloading over the internet makes piracy easy

Increase in video game piracy, blame the economy not the pirates. People lost their jobs or houses and can not afford to buy games anymore.

Around the Network

Lol, owned! I'm sorry, thats funny.

Aren't all games up for being pirated before they are released to the public?

I just assumed they were.... I mean someone once told me movies were like that so i figured it was the same with games.

Also the argument was never really "The DRM made me do it"

It was

"The DRM didn't stop it for being it up for download before the game released... therefore accomplished nothing but hurt legal paying customers."

This accomplishes nothing.

Fortunately, as the article says, only modded Xbox 360's can use the said pirated discs. That mean as soon as they go online, they get zapped by MS.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Ok.

I just downloaded it and played it and can confirm that this game SUCKS compared to Fable 2.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

VBI said:
BenKenobi88 said:
VBI said:
Don't see the point in that kind of comment, PC piracy is infinitely more damaging and widespread than console piracy, and always will be.

This game is an odd case though, it's different when a game is released by a shop early, this one is still a bit away. How exactly did Jack Sparrow get his hands on a copy?

INFINITELY?  Damn.

I mean, let's not take into account the thousands of copies of console games in poorer countries or anything...that doesn't have ANY affect on the console market.

Well, if you're going to play semantics with words...the effect on the console business in poorer countries ISN'T actually that big a deal, because the biggest markets are where the money is.

It just seems off, and annoying, that on the few occasions console piracy has a news article, PC-tards appear to dish out the usual "buh PC is only victim of piratez!" crap. No need to post that kind of thing at all in this article, because as I said, the difference between the 2 is impossibly vast. If it's having "an" effect on console business, then by the same token it must be having a colossal effect on PC game sales.

All those stats from the torrent stats are obviously just from the rich target audience countries. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they include the "poorer countries" in those number. Do those countries even have internets?

Edit: Decided that the post wasn't worth more than sarcastic remarks.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835