By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about the choice for hip-hop in MadWorld?

Again, is this because of some playlist reveal, or just the trailers? Because the trailers feature a fun, upbeat and pretty innocent hip hop song. It's not some guy shouting "buy my fucking record because I'm so bad ass and I sleep with all these girls and then call them hoes for it and I'll shoot you for looking at me the wrong way as soon as my pedicure is done", It's "lets go lets go ya'll lets go lets go ya'll"

As far as I can tell we don't know what the music will be, but it won't be some sort of heavy metal music, because this game isn't trying to take itself seriously. Why? because if it tried to take itself seriously, no one would be able to take it seriously.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

It wont bother me. If, someday, I don't feel like listening to the hip hop hopefully there's an option to turn the music off.

Doesn't effect my decision either way. Never been much of Rock or Metal fan and I never let the constant inclusion of Rock and Metal in video games effect my purchasing decisions. As long as the gameplay is sound they make the music sound track what ever they want.....well except Country. That is the one music genre I just flat out can't stand.

In all honesty, the game would do far better with an Ambient/Metal crossover.

It's not really my thing, but hey; it worked for TWEWY, so maybe it'll work here. Video game music has been so dominated by rock ever since the NES days that it's good to see some experimentation with other genres.

I am, however, a little surprised to see that more people aren't angry about the implicit tie the game makes between hip-hop and violence by making these both major marketing points. I'm not either, but this seems like the sort of thing that would make a lot of people very mad.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

@Millenium: TWEWY didn't have a hip-hop soundtrack at all...

This is exactly the kind of game I am absolutely not interested in: an ultra-violent game with an hip-hop soundtrack that pretends to be artistic...

I wouldn't be sad if it bombed (which will most likely do anyway).

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

dont care for it and i dont think it will get me as pumped to pound in a face as some hardcore guitar

I was really looking forward to MadWorld but I really hate modern hip hop. Hopefully it doesn't detract too much from the game.

Maybe we'll be treated to a hip-hop rendition of the song Mad World by Tears for Fears. Not sure if that would be a good thing though.

Signature goes here!

Valkyria00 said:

Im personally down on it. I wouldve loved for them to have choosen some good metal/rock music or some crazy Orchestrated Score made for it. Its not unbearable but Im not a fan of the genre so I wouldve wanted something else.

At least its not BS hip-hop like Soulja-Boy.

Whilst awesome music would have been sweet, it shant detract from the game for me, cos I'll just turn music volume down and play my own pumping tunes

PS: why restrict yourself to good rock or crazy orchestrated score. I play to listen to Apocalyptica for this game - best crazy metal cello instrumental band ever.