By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about the choice for hip-hop in MadWorld?

As long as it fits then it don't matter to me. I'm not a huge rap fan but if it fits then I'm fine.

Around the Network
coasterlove said:
tarheel91 said:
coasterlove said:
tarheel91 said:
coasterlove said:
tarheel91 said:
coasterlove said:
I'd rather there be some variety in the music used and I don't know how well hip hop will fit with the game. I'm not saying that it won't but I'm curious to see how it will blend in with the game. There isn't much in the way of hip hop I like and especially not Kanye West. The only way I'd want to hear his music in the game is if we can see him in the game getting his pathetic ass getting mauled.

Careful, the second half of your post makes your first half clearly bull.  Stop pretending that you "don't know how well hip hop will fit with the game" as if you actually respect it and legitimately don't see the connection between the two.  You just don't like hip hop/rap and don't want it in your games.  If that's the case, that's fine.  Don't try to act like it's anything else though.  I'm not really into the whole hoes and money rap, but I think Kanye does a good job of getting away from that.  That's why I like him.  Well, that, and his beats are awesome.

Careful for what??? Get over yourself. Make all the stupid accusations you want, you still come off like an ass trying to tell me who I am and what I like. You don't list your age that I saw but seeing that you list yourself as a student and have "91" in your username, I'm gonna guess you're about 17. I'm 30 and been listening to lots of music since before you were born, including rap and hip hop but I don't need to explain myself to some little punk like you.

And as for Kanye West, he might have some talent and I do mean just SOME but he's overated and thinks too highly of himself. He cries and whines anytime he feels he's been snubbed for some award. He's joke...kind of like you. That might explain why you like him so much.

How did I try to tell you what you like?  You said, "There isn't much in the way of hip hop I like."  You told me what you liked and I just restated it.  I'm the one acting inappropriately when you're the one using name calling and speaking condescendingly solely because you're older?  Don't you think it's a bit presumptious to judge someone solely based on age?

My point was that you don't like hip hop, so saying you don't see how it'll fit makes no sense.  Of course it won't fit for you, you don't like it period.  That's not going to change whether it's in a Action game, and RPG, a sports game, or whatever.  Your conclusion oversteps its foundation.  There is no way for you to ever know whether it really "fits" because you're going to dislike it no matter how well suited it is for the game.  You're incapable of viewing it from an objective standpoint.

Finally, I honestly don't give a crap about how an artist acts.  It's his music I care about.  You, on the other hand, apparently reject someone's music because of their attitude and arrogance despite admitting they have talent.  Plus, you're judging him with a very limited understanding of his life.  It's comparable to me assuming you're a hot-headed jerk who assumes his opinion is law based on this one thread, which I won't.

Yes, there isn't that much I like of hip hop, that isn't to say there is none though. And you say that I am speaking "condescendingly". You said the first half of my post was "bull". See, you seem like one of those people who think they can hit and run. Saying someone post is bull is rude whether you think it is or not. If you want to tell me that you disagree, that's fine, saying it's bull is another thing altogether.

And I never said that I didn't think it would fit, I clearly said that I don't know if it will. Simply put, that means...oh I don't know maybe I don't know if it will. For all I know it could work wonderfully. So you shouldn't put words in my mouth. If you're still confused, reread my original post.

And I admitted that Kanye West has some talent. Some being the key word. And what do I have to know of his life to care for his music?

Of course it's not an absolute.  There's exceptions to everything.  However, as a genre, you dislike it, right?  That's how your post comes off.  There may be a few exceptions to this, but you generally dislike the genre.  That's how I interpret "there isn't much I like."  If this is true, there's no way the first half of your post can be taken for real.  It comes off as one of those "I'm trying to be reasonable even though I flat out don't like this" posts we see so often on this forum (especially when it's one fanboy talking about another console).  In this case, there's nothing wrong with just not liking hip hop, and I was frustrated that you wouldn't just own up to it.

About Kanye: You don't need to know anything of his life to care for his music.  However, your sole argument for why you disliked him was that he a)he's overated, b) he thinks too highly of himself, and c) he cries and whines anytime he feels he's been snubbed.

NONE of that has to do with his actual music.  Your given reasons for disliking his music are solely based on his personality and reception.

You're frustrated? The only reason you're frustrated is because you wanted to pick an argument and then you got one. If you really need me to go into more detail, I liked more of the older rap, hip hop or whatever you want to call it. Stuff from the late 80, much of the 90's and even earlier this decade. No, it's not my favorite music and if it ever was, it was back then around the early 90's. You can say whatever you want about if you want to pretend you know me. Personally, I don't know why you even care about what I like or don't like. It seems silly to get "frustrated" over someone's musical taste who you never met and never will. Seems kinda lame, doesn't it?

And if I say Kanye is overated, I'm basing that on his music. Just as if I say it about anyone in music or other types of entertainment. There are plenty of entertainers that I don't care for them or what I know about them but I like their art. Speaking of rap, I don't care for Eminem as an individual but I've really liked his music and hell, not a bad actor either in the movie 8 Mile. And in case I don't have it in my profile, I'm from Chicago so you can imagine I hear a lot of Kanye's music and I just think it's ok, nothing special. That has nothing to do with him as a person and his tiresome antics, just his average music. That's my opinion. I don't see why that "frustrates" you so much.

I'm not frustrated over your music tastes just like I'm not frustated when someone doesn't like console x.  What frustrates me is when people try to pretend the reason they don't think something will work is something other than that.  I have no problem with you saying "there isn't much in the way of hip hop I like."  There isn't much in the way of metal I like.  For that reason, I dislike the soundtracks of a lot of games.  They might very well go very well with the games, I just don't enjoy the music.  See the difference between my response and your first post?

You never mentioned that you enjoyed some of the older rap in your intial post or gave any sign that there were more than only a few exceptions to the fact that you dislike hip hop.  If your first post was inaccurate of your real feelings about rap and hip hop, okay, but don't get mad at me for interpreting that post correctly.

Again, with Kanye, you might very well have solid reasons for not thinking too highly of his music, but you intially argued solely with reasons that had nothing to do with his music.  I can't read your mind.  Include all that stuff in your earlier posts or don't get mad everytime someone takes them as they are.

tarheel91 said:
coasterlove said:
tarheel91 said:
coasterlove said:
tarheel91 said:
coasterlove said:
tarheel91 said:
coasterlove said:
I'd rather there be some variety in the music used and I don't know how well hip hop will fit with the game. I'm not saying that it won't but I'm curious to see how it will blend in with the game. There isn't much in the way of hip hop I like and especially not Kanye West. The only way I'd want to hear his music in the game is if we can see him in the game getting his pathetic ass getting mauled.

Careful, the second half of your post makes your first half clearly bull.  Stop pretending that you "don't know how well hip hop will fit with the game" as if you actually respect it and legitimately don't see the connection between the two.  You just don't like hip hop/rap and don't want it in your games.  If that's the case, that's fine.  Don't try to act like it's anything else though.  I'm not really into the whole hoes and money rap, but I think Kanye does a good job of getting away from that.  That's why I like him.  Well, that, and his beats are awesome.

Careful for what??? Get over yourself. Make all the stupid accusations you want, you still come off like an ass trying to tell me who I am and what I like. You don't list your age that I saw but seeing that you list yourself as a student and have "91" in your username, I'm gonna guess you're about 17. I'm 30 and been listening to lots of music since before you were born, including rap and hip hop but I don't need to explain myself to some little punk like you.

And as for Kanye West, he might have some talent and I do mean just SOME but he's overated and thinks too highly of himself. He cries and whines anytime he feels he's been snubbed for some award. He's joke...kind of like you. That might explain why you like him so much.

How did I try to tell you what you like?  You said, "There isn't much in the way of hip hop I like."  You told me what you liked and I just restated it.  I'm the one acting inappropriately when you're the one using name calling and speaking condescendingly solely because you're older?  Don't you think it's a bit presumptious to judge someone solely based on age?

My point was that you don't like hip hop, so saying you don't see how it'll fit makes no sense.  Of course it won't fit for you, you don't like it period.  That's not going to change whether it's in a Action game, and RPG, a sports game, or whatever.  Your conclusion oversteps its foundation.  There is no way for you to ever know whether it really "fits" because you're going to dislike it no matter how well suited it is for the game.  You're incapable of viewing it from an objective standpoint.

Finally, I honestly don't give a crap about how an artist acts.  It's his music I care about.  You, on the other hand, apparently reject someone's music because of their attitude and arrogance despite admitting they have talent.  Plus, you're judging him with a very limited understanding of his life.  It's comparable to me assuming you're a hot-headed jerk who assumes his opinion is law based on this one thread, which I won't.

Yes, there isn't that much I like of hip hop, that isn't to say there is none though. And you say that I am speaking "condescendingly". You said the first half of my post was "bull". See, you seem like one of those people who think they can hit and run. Saying someone post is bull is rude whether you think it is or not. If you want to tell me that you disagree, that's fine, saying it's bull is another thing altogether.

And I never said that I didn't think it would fit, I clearly said that I don't know if it will. Simply put, that means...oh I don't know maybe I don't know if it will. For all I know it could work wonderfully. So you shouldn't put words in my mouth. If you're still confused, reread my original post.

And I admitted that Kanye West has some talent. Some being the key word. And what do I have to know of his life to care for his music?

Of course it's not an absolute.  There's exceptions to everything.  However, as a genre, you dislike it, right?  That's how your post comes off.  There may be a few exceptions to this, but you generally dislike the genre.  That's how I interpret "there isn't much I like."  If this is true, there's no way the first half of your post can be taken for real.  It comes off as one of those "I'm trying to be reasonable even though I flat out don't like this" posts we see so often on this forum (especially when it's one fanboy talking about another console).  In this case, there's nothing wrong with just not liking hip hop, and I was frustrated that you wouldn't just own up to it.

About Kanye: You don't need to know anything of his life to care for his music.  However, your sole argument for why you disliked him was that he a)he's overated, b) he thinks too highly of himself, and c) he cries and whines anytime he feels he's been snubbed.

NONE of that has to do with his actual music.  Your given reasons for disliking his music are solely based on his personality and reception.

You're frustrated? The only reason you're frustrated is because you wanted to pick an argument and then you got one. If you really need me to go into more detail, I liked more of the older rap, hip hop or whatever you want to call it. Stuff from the late 80, much of the 90's and even earlier this decade. No, it's not my favorite music and if it ever was, it was back then around the early 90's. You can say whatever you want about if you want to pretend you know me. Personally, I don't know why you even care about what I like or don't like. It seems silly to get "frustrated" over someone's musical taste who you never met and never will. Seems kinda lame, doesn't it?

And if I say Kanye is overated, I'm basing that on his music. Just as if I say it about anyone in music or other types of entertainment. There are plenty of entertainers that I don't care for them or what I know about them but I like their art. Speaking of rap, I don't care for Eminem as an individual but I've really liked his music and hell, not a bad actor either in the movie 8 Mile. And in case I don't have it in my profile, I'm from Chicago so you can imagine I hear a lot of Kanye's music and I just think it's ok, nothing special. That has nothing to do with him as a person and his tiresome antics, just his average music. That's my opinion. I don't see why that "frustrates" you so much.

I'm not frustrated over your music tastes just like I'm not frustated when someone doesn't like console x.  What frustrates me is when people try to pretend the reason they don't think something will work is something other than that.  I have no problem with you saying "there isn't much in the way of hip hop I like."  There isn't much in the way of metal I like.  For that reason, I dislike the soundtracks of a lot of games.  They might very well go very well with the games, I just don't enjoy the music.  See the difference between my response and your first post?

You never mentioned that you enjoyed some of the older rap in your intial post or gave any sign that there were more than only a few exceptions to the fact that you dislike hip hop.  If your first post was inaccurate of your real feelings about rap and hip hop, okay, but don't get mad at me for interpreting that post correctly.

Again, with Kanye, you might very well have solid reasons for not thinking too highly of his music, but you intially argued solely with reasons that had nothing to do with his music.  I can't read your mind.  Include all that stuff in your earlier posts or don't get mad everytime someone takes them as they are.

No, I'm just not going to post my whole life story into a post. You chose to read too much into a post of mine. And you keep saying that I said or even implied that it wouldn't work. As I've said before, reread my original post. I clearly never said anything about it not working or that I don't think it would. I simply said I didn't know if it would work or not. That means I have some possible doubts. It also means I could be wrong if it turns out great which it could.

And last and again. I'm not going to go into detail about every last detail because besides you, who is going to care? I guess I should be honored you're so interested in my life that you drew me into the most pointless argument I think I've ever been involved with in my entire life. Thank you.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

ah that sucks i hate hip hop y not some kick ass heavy metal

I am happy with it. As long it is some people I know, then it will be cool

Around the Network

Bleh, never cared for hip hop, actually my most hated form of music. To be honest, talking in rhyme to a computer made beat and sampling lyrics from old rock songs is not music IMO, but what the hell. If it fits the tone and it's not that Gangsta Hip Hop garbage I will most likely still enjoy the hell out this game.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

no Kelly Family? NOOOOOOOOOOO.

i'm boycotting SEGA for now on.

still stand by the game needed hardcore rock

hip hop just always seems to soft....it not the type that will work with a game where you hands get bloody

system of a down would be good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNgeAG2l6Q

Its splitting opinion already. I will wait till the game comes out to judge. After all you can always press the mute button and listen to your MP3. I hate ipods. Dirty rich persons toys they are.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

News flash: nerds don't care for hip hop.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8