By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about the choice for hip-hop in MadWorld?

Khuutra said:
DMC is a pretty good series in spite of having the worst soundtrack in the history of the medium

I'm sure Mad World will be just fine in comparison

Yeah, DMC music is awful.
Didn't stop me from enjoying the game, though my ears are yet to recover.

There's nothing wrong with Hip Hop and it fits MadWorld nicely.

Around the Network

Great choice.

If you need to listen to hard rock or metal to kick some ass, you've got a problem. I've had enough of blistering guitar solos and double bass for action movies/games/whatever. I haven't heard this would have hip hop, but I think that just adds more style points and credibility.

Well I've loved it so far from the videos we've seen. Mad World seems to be a campy over-the-top action game, so the Hip-Hop just fits for me. Even though I'm not normally big on Hip-Hop.

It's like the 3D Sonic games. They have this really lousy campy dweeby music, but the 3D Sonics have really dweeby and campy storylines, so it just clicks.

Same thing with EBA. I didn't have a problem with the songs. The stories are mostly dorky but catchy and fun and again a lot of the music choices in the game worked for me, and the way you play.

Some hardcore heavy metal would've killed any buzz that I might've had for the game.

Around the Network

Well if the Hip-hop in the game is anything like "50 cent" this game is a BIG no buy for me.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

If Hip-hop is the only choice of music in the game then I won't be buying it.

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

Hip hop seems to blend well with the trailer.. kudos SEGA(or rather platinum games).

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

dude17761991hatp said:
That sounds AWESOME. There aren't enough games that utilize hip-hop in a good manner. There are some incredible hip-hop artists and songs out there that have little to no representation in video games and hopefully MadWorld will pick good representatives.

many?  You mean 2... Def Jam 1 and Def Jam 2... and that other one... sucked so bad I can't even remember the name.... damn thing ruined a great series with an awsome story line... where else do you get to throw Snoop Dogg out of a 5th floor window.

Has no-one learned from Warrior Within? Avoiding metal is games is the best possible choice!