By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I figured out why hardcore gamers "hate" the Wii

Wow, do u want a cookie cuz this thread just changed the J mans life and outlook on  the wii.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
Soriku said:
coolestguyever said:
trestres said:
It's fun too see HD fanboys using both libraries together as a counter force against the Wii.

okay so what library of games does the wii have to boast? check my sig and you'll find out. Well its got a complete collection of shovelware. and all of its AAA (90+) games are sequels or remakes of last gen games.

In fact, you'll find the highest rated new IP on the wii is just an 87% which is Zack and Wiki. Then from there it drops off to 85 with Boom Blox

http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

The PS3 actually has better new IP's to this gen with Uncharted at 88%, and Resistance at 86%. Then theres PSN games with high ratings such as WipeoutHD and Superstardust HD with 87% and 85% respectively.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

You try too hard to be RolStoppable.

so.....you'll probably be at 30,000 posts before i'm at 3,000? that about right. Just keep posting, soriku.

coolestguyever said:
trestres said:
It's fun too see HD fanboys using both libraries together as a counter force against the Wii.

okay so what library of games does the wii have to boast? check my sig and you'll find out. Well its got a complete collection of shovelware. and all of its AAA (90+) games are sequels or remakes of last gen games.

In fact, you'll find the highest rated new IP on the wii is just an 87% which is Zack and Wiki. Then from there it drops off to 85 with Boom Blox

http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

The PS3 actually has better new IP's to this gen with Uncharted at 88%, and Resistance at 86%. Then theres PSN games with high ratings such as WipeoutHD and Superstardust HD with 87% and 85% respectively.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

Let's see. The two highest ranked new IP's for the Wii this generation are at 87% and 85 %. The PS3 actually has two new IP's which are much higher ranked at  88% and 86%.  This is your argument that the PS3 has better IP's?  Looks pretty equal to me.  By the way, you are not the coolest guy ever or even cool at all.     

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

i consider myself a hardcore gamer, I dont hate the wii as its a machine...

I do however think that people at nintendo make the wii do very lame things 80% of the time.

Like...

wow we got a new game kids called wii music, its awesome - lame
wow wii fit is a new experience for the whole family - lame
wow parents...don't worry about which 3rd party games to buy as 90% of them suck anyway, just stick to our Mario games and your kids will be happy - lame

Actually now that I think about it...Wii reminds me of Sarah Pailin.

"Gee gosh darn it...all you soccer moms and average Joes can buy me and can use me to play all kinds of wonderful games" - lame!!!!!!!!!

The other 20% of the time, when it drops the funny act and delivers the goods like Wii sports, RE4, no more heroes, smash brothers, boomblox... Its not lame...but a fully functional and relevant gaming console.

SHMUPGurus said:
konnichiwa said:
KHIII on the Wii and the hate is over.

No, it would be the other way around. o_O

Nah hate is going to be envy.

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
Cougarman said:
coolestguyever said:
- I hate it (the wii) because its an inferior system technologically to the PS3 and only due to its lower price is it selling remarkably better than PS3. Even though when you add up all the PS3's features its a better deal (built in Blu Ray, wifi, etc), the Wii still sells better.

- I hate it because ALL its AAA (90%+) games are re-makes/sequels of/to last gen games.

1. Super Mario Galaxy - Sequel
2. LoZ: Twilight Princess - Sequel
3. Super Smash Bros. - Sequel
4. Resident Evil 4: Wii - Re-make
5. Okami - Re-make
6. Metroid Prime 3 - Sequel

- And i hate wii fit. Like honestly what can you do on it that you can't do at a gym? nothing! in fact a gym is 100x better. Seriously Wii fit costs upwards of $179.98 at least on http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B000VJRU44/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1223434834&sr=1-1

So my point on the wii fit is your paying just under $200 for a board to stand on and do mild/light exercises. when you can just pay for a gym membership and get better exercises such as treadmills, stationary bikes, weights, etc.

i just had to pay metacritic a visit, what i saw made me laugh a little.

list of PS3 games over 90%

1. GTA4 - sequel

2. COD4 - sequel

3. MGS4 - sequel

4. oblivion - sequel

5. rockband - new IP

Well i'll admit thats true, the PS3 has a lot of sequels as well (with at least 1 new IP).

But you still can't explain why i should pay $179 for wii fit when theres at least 3 good gyms in my city? If i wanted to get in shape i'd rather go to the Athletic Club, Park Fitness, or Mcfit than buy Wii fit.

And i was honest when i said i hate it because of its success when its not as high tech a console.

Who ever said a console needs to be high tech to be a success?  In every previous generation of vidoegames, the victor console was the one that was ALWAYS less superior than that of the competitiors.  Why should it be any different now?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Geez, this thread is horrible on so many levels for both HD AND Wii console gamers......

It's bad for Wii console gamers because everyone that prefers the Wii the most just blindly thought Rol's logic was gold...........

and it's bad for HD console gamers because they're (well maybe one that got banned) attacking the Wii in this thread with anger...

Can a mod seriously just lock this thread? Of course Rol is a mod so...........yay anarchy I guess

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Shining Greatness said:
kanariya said:

I prefer more realistic gaming experience.

And what the hell is a realistic gaming experience?

For example,

GT5P + G25

Sports game with superior physics.

and please don't twist my word.

I said more realistic gaming experience (than the wii), not "realistic gaming experience".

amp, he did show that there were 4 games to wii's 2. that is like, correct me if I'm wrong, 100% more.
why do you have to attack coolest's coolness factor man? did someone piss in your wheaties?

He pointed out four games on two system which are about the equal scores. Can I list DS games to counter his? His avatar shows about how "cool" he is. My Wheaties are fine.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger