By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I figured out why hardcore gamers "hate" the Wii

No, because the DS is an amazing system, and is not hated on anywhere by anyone, except my girlfriends stupid sister who has a psp.

It wasn't two system btw, it was one system, but some were dl games.

plus your avatar isn't any better than his name imo LOL.

Around the Network
BILL COSBY!!! said:
RolStoppable said:

There have been many speculations on the reasons why hardcore gamers hate the Wii without any definite conclusions. After thinking about this issue for a long time I could eliminate several reasons.

1. It can't be important third party games going to the Wii, because they still are all on the HD consoles.
2. It can't be the strong hardware sales, because they don't determine the quality of the system.
3. It can't be the superior online experience of the Wii, simply because it isn't superior.
4. It can't be Nintendo's first party games, because they are the same as they were last generation.
5. It can't be the casualization of gaming, because HD games have been unaffected by this trend.

So why then are hardcore gamers often attacking the Wii, if none of the above could be a reason for it? Well, simply put, the HD consoles share the majority of their game library with each other, so by either attacking the games of the 360 or the PS3, they would be attacking the other console as well, which is usually their system of choice. Therefore they are better off by putting down the Wii which works as a catalyst for the anger they need to express. So the next time you see a hardcore gamer "hating" on the Wii, try to remember why they are doing it. They don't really hate the Wii.

It makes perfect sense.

I'm sorry but this is one of the dumbest explanations I have ever seen. Here's is why I, a hardcore gamer, hate the wii

• There are no online shooters that really impress me for the system
  • The online service itself is horrid
  • It steals marketshare and therefore developer attention from the consoles and games I actually care about
  • Nintendo makes the same damn games every generation as far as first party support goes
  • I personally don't enjoy flailing around like an idiot in order to accomplish a task in a game, after all, half of what I enjoy about gaming is sitting down to relax and taking my mind off of the bullshit I go through everyday
  • It simply lacks those graphically amazing games due to the system power - and don't try to tell me that graphics don't make a game more fun and immersive

And look, that may have come off as harsh but I'm really not imposing my opinion on anyone. A lot of hardcore gamers would probably agree with the points I made but before this I have never, ever really said anything about the wii. Only now I decided to speak up just in case some people actually listened to the OP's argument. Anyway, most people aren't fanboys. They don't need to take their anger out on anything as Rolstoppable suggested. If you like the wii that's cool, just don't try to convince me otherwise because I have been forced to play the thing with my 7 year-old cousin and my grandma way to many times... I'm not impressed to say the least.

Peace

ROFL.  This is like the perfect stereotypical self-proclaimed "hardcore gamer."  Wow, Rol, mission accomplished with this thread.  I think between this and coolestguy's posts we could create a new Wii Bingo board.

Not imposing your view upon anyone?  Your attempt to poison the well certainly makes it come off that way.  You "don't enjoy flailing around like an idiot in order to accomplish a task in game?"  Not only is that an exaggeration, but apparently everyone who likes motion controls is now an idiot.  So anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot?

theprof00 said:

No, because the DS is an amazing system, and is not hated on anywhere by anyone, except my girlfriends stupid sister who has a psp.

So I could list the ratings of new IP's from any system combined and put them up against one as long as it's called the Wii? Interesting. It is two systems and my avatar could have sex with your avatar, kill her husband, and save the world all in 5 minutes.   

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

What kind of rubbish are you posting? Do I have to get out the large trout again to slap you?

Just take a look at starcraft's PSP > DS thread, there are plenty of people who seem to hate the DS.

Stupid people, yes. People that like good games, no.

lol, it seems like Wii owners no longer consider themselves "hardcore". Whenever I see someone mention the term lately, it's always to refer to 360/ps3 owners who don't like Wii o_o

Around the Network

How do you do it rol? Two pages in one day *sigh* the rolstoppable fad will never die it keeps renewing itself.

amp316 said:

you are not the coolest guy ever .     

I've wanted to tell him for a while now that title belongs to me

--OkeyDokey-- said:
lol, it seems like Wii owners no longer consider themselves "hardcore". Whenever I see someone mention the term lately, it's always to refer to 360/ps3 owners who don't like Wii o_o

No. Wii owners don't like term hardcore unless it's a kind of "movie".  Hardcore gamers think that Boom Blox is one of the best games available on the Wii and I don't want to be associated with these kind of people.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

What kind of rubbish are you posting? Do I have to get out the large trout again to slap you?

Just take a look at starcraft's PSP > DS thread, there are plenty of people who seem to hate the DS.

Dont you mean you are going to take out your 360 controller you wii hater

I came in here expecting to see an epic thread by rol and sure enough, "coolestguyever" made that come true. its a shame he didnt post more as of yet.

Well done Rol, well done.

um..stuff