By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I figured out why hardcore gamers "hate" the Wii

I'm not a hardcore gamer but I don't like the Wii simply it's more like a console for Mario instead of video games.

I prefer more realistic gaming experience.

Around the Network

How is Wii Fit 179$? It's 99.99$ in Canada!

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10104307

RolStoppable said:

There have been many speculations on the reasons why hardcore gamers hate the Wii without any definite conclusions. After thinking about this issue for a long time I could eliminate several reasons.

1. It can't be important third party games going to the Wii, because they still are all on the HD consoles.
2. It can't be the strong hardware sales, because they don't determine the quality of the system.
3. It can't be the superior online experience of the Wii, simply because it isn't superior.
4. It can't be Nintendo's first party games, because they are the same as they were last generation.
5. It can't be the casualization of gaming, because HD games have been unaffected by this trend.

So why then are hardcore gamers often attacking the Wii, if none of the above could be a reason for it? Well, simply put, the HD consoles share the majority of their game library with each other, so by either attacking the games of the 360 or the PS3, they would be attacking the other console as well, which is usually their system of choice. Therefore they are better off by putting down the Wii which works as a catalyst for the anger they need to express. So the next time you see a hardcore gamer "hating" on the Wii, try to remember why they are doing it. They don't really hate the Wii.

It makes perfect sense.

I'm sorry but this is one of the dumbest explanations I have ever seen. Here's is why I, a hardcore gamer, hate the wii

• There are no online shooters that really impress me for the system
  • The online service itself is horrid
  • It steals marketshare and therefore developer attention from the consoles and games I actually care about
  • Nintendo makes the same damn games every generation as far as first party support goes
  • I personally don't enjoy flailing around like an idiot in order to accomplish a task in a game, after all, half of what I enjoy about gaming is sitting down to relax and taking my mind off of the bullshit I go through everyday
  • It simply lacks those graphically amazing games due to the system power - and don't try to tell me that graphics don't make a game more fun and immersive

And look, that may have come off as harsh but I'm really not imposing my opinion on anyone. A lot of hardcore gamers would probably agree with the points I made but before this I have never, ever really said anything about the wii. Only now I decided to speak up just in case some people actually listened to the OP's argument. Anyway, most people aren't fanboys. They don't need to take their anger out on anything as Rolstoppable suggested. If you like the wii that's cool, just don't try to convince me otherwise because I have been forced to play the thing with my 7 year-old cousin and my grandma way to many times... I'm not impressed to say the least.

Peace

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

KHIII on the Wii and the hate is over.

kanariya said:

I prefer more realistic gaming experience.

And what the hell is a realistic gaming experience?

Around the Network

You are looking at this all wrong.

Hardcore gamers don't hate the Wii, hardcore gamers love the Wii, the Wii is like their little brother. They might want to beat the living shit out of it, they spit upon it, ridicule and humiliate it (preferably amongst peers), and they'd rather be caught dead than hanging out with it... but in the end they still love the Wii. Who doesn't love their little bro? :O

Iori Yagami said:
Here's an even better reason we hate the Wii: Because it's a big pile of shit.

Looks like hardships. Here's a song for you.

Rol - Interesting theory. You might be getting some flak incoming. =)

coolestguyever said:
- I hate it (the wii) because its an inferior system technologically to the PS3 and only due to its lower price is it selling remarkably better than PS3. Even though when you add up all the PS3's features its a better deal (built in Blu Ray, wifi, etc), the Wii still sells better.

- I hate it because ALL its AAA (90%+) games are re-makes/sequels of/to last gen games.

1. Super Mario Galaxy - Sequel
2. LoZ: Twilight Princess - Sequel
3. Super Smash Bros. - Sequel
4. Resident Evil 4: Wii - Re-make
5. Okami - Re-make
6. Metroid Prime 3 - Sequel

- And i hate wii fit. Like honestly what can you do on it that you can't do at a gym? nothing! in fact a gym is 100x better. Seriously Wii fit costs upwards of $179.98 at least on http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B000VJRU44/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1223434834&sr=1-1

So my point on the wii fit is your paying just under $200 for a board to stand on and do mild/light exercises. when you can just pay for a gym membership and get better exercises such as treadmills, stationary bikes, weights, etc.
One, the PS2 was technologically to the Xbox yet it was the marketleader.  Did anyone feel the need to complain then?  Only Xbox fanboys.  It would seem history repeats itself..Two, the 360 is now cheaper than the Wii with the Arcade SKU yet the Wii still manages to sell more than it.. makes you think huh?Three, Most of AAA games currently on/up and coming on the PS3 are sequels like MGS4, GTA4, CoD4, Elder Scrolls 4, (Based on Metacritic).  Rock Band is the only exception and it's pretty much a Guitar Hero revamp.Four, you can't play the balance board games on Wii Fit at a gym.  Also Wii Fit becomes more convenient because it can be done at home and without the pressure of public appearance.Five, are you implying that the Wii doesn't have Wifi?  That leads me to believe you don't know what you're talking about.

Pixel Art can be fun.

konnichiwa said:
KHIII on the Wii and the hate is over.

No, it would be the other way around. o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

This is not off topic, just listen.

When i was 8 and had a nintendo, i really wanted an snes. I had to wait, because it was like 150$ or 200$ i can't remember.
I ended up getting a Genesis because it was cheaper, and didn't get an snes until like 3 or 4 years later.
price point makes a difference.
most people I knew who had a genesis said that it was better than SNES. I didn't think so, but it did have some features (like MK fatalities) that were really nice.

Right now I feel like an SNES owner, and everyone is saying Genesis is better, which I really didn't think so(although it was a great system nonetheless).
In this comparison SNES=ps360 and genesis=wii, even though comparing snes to anything is a ridiculous suggestion.