By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some new White Knight Chronicle Info

Copied from ps3forum.com

written by rykomatsu

-------------------------------------------------

This is from Gamestar in Japan. Online game retailer which has a tendency to update their game descriptions once info from the publishers come in, regardless of when the embargo end date from the publisher is. Not sure if they've updated game info with rumors in the past (to my knowledge they haven't), so take it with a grain of salt.

http://gmstar.com/ps3/sirokisi.html

Bulletpoints below

-Gameplay 100hr+∞
A very large scale RPG in addition to the infinite amount of time you can play with friends and partners.

-Attractive casting and immense story.
The thrill of an RPG has been refined with the experience and know-how gained by Level-5 over the years.

-Next-gen quality graphic power
Super graphic scenes output at FullHD 1080p

-Big and small characters fighting alongside eachother to create a chaotic and dynamic battle
With the protagonist being able to transform into the White Knight, dynamic battles with both large and small characters can be created. A direct feel battle system makes unnecessary, any complicated controls, and makes you feel as though you're part of the battle.

-Embarking on an adventure and fighting alongside friends/partners.
Unending infinite gameplay is also included. Via PSN, embark on adventures with friends.

Around the Network

co-op should do well, that was one of the main reasons for Monster hunter's success wasn't it. However, I am going to wait until TGS before I get excited about this

I certainly didn't expect any sort of co-op or multiplayer, this could be interesting!

MagicalJoker said:

-Attractive casting and immense story.
The thrill of an RPG has been refined with the experience and know-how gained by Level-5 over the years.

This is what L5 has to get right, the other components of the game looks at the very least solid, but L5 hasn't shown yet the ability to craft a masterful, memorable story, so this it what I'm hoping it's true

THis will be the first Next-Gen RPG .Not only HD graphics ,but improved features and playability too.

Around the Network

The PSN thing would fit within that "only possible on PS3" that the developers were throwing around if I remember correctly. Kinda like the LBP and F2 developers talking about the online portions of their games being only possible on the respective consoles.

this is sounding better every day, when released i will buy jap version as it has english subs.

a whopping adventure on 1 bluray should be a nice addition to the ps3 library, should sell very well in japan.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

this is going to be a classic game i can already tell. i cant wait for this game to hit state side...heck i might import but still got to wait a few months for that

Diomedes1976 said:
THis will be the first Next-Gen RPG .Not only HD graphics ,but improved features and playability too.

Really? I could have sworn that I've played a few next gen RPGs already! I guess I'm going crazy...

-Gameplay 100hr+∞
A very large scale RPG in addition to the infinite amount of time you can play with friends and partners.

As much as I wish that It'll be 100+ hours, I seriously doubt it.