By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some new White Knight Chronicle Info

^Swyggi he probably is although he doesn't specify skipping around saying RPG, and in the next paragraph he makes it JRPG. It's a different paragraph isn't he talking about a different subject? Either way I'm trying to show him that his definition of next gen is flawed by showing him these things have been done.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Cactus said:
Diomedes1976 said:
I said simply that this will be the first RPG with features that couldnt be done on the previous generation ,ASIDE HD graphics ...

And its true ,most of the 360 Jrpg have good graphics but are pretty standar and with SD graphics could be done on a PS2 or Xbox ....this White Knight Story will be the first JRPG that will put more things on the table.Character creation tool ,co-op online between players ,PSN features ,etc etc.

I'm sure character creation could be done on a PS2. Enchanted Arms had an online mode, so the online argument doesn't really work...

PSN features? Like what?

I'm seriously curious what makes this is more "next gen" than lets say, Lost Odyssey or Tales of Vesperia?

No you couldnt ...there was nowhere to save your created character.You could use the memory card but that would only allow something quite limited.

XBOX harddrive (which never seemed to run out of any space), or PS2 memory card. How much space could it possibly take? There's been plenty of games where you customize your character before.

Co-op online gameplay is a step above Lost oddysey and tales of vesperia.Downloadable weapons through the PSN too.LO and TOV are ok games but to be fair they got a 8 or 8.4 at most .....not AAA titles by any means.

TOV, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey all have DLC including bonus dungeons. WKC is not the first RPG this gen to be online either, Fable 2 (WRPG) will have coop gameplay this month and Enchanted Arms had an online battling mode on the 360. It's funny I played those games and I thought that they were great. Review scores don't define a game, especially for JRPGs.

Theres some innovation in this game ,want to see it or not.

Just because a game is innovative, doesn't mean it couldn't have been done on an older console with a graphical downgrade.

I didn't want to get into an argument over this but whatever

Diomedes really needs to stop trying to highlight the PS3 more than the game its just bad policy.

Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
@ Soriku

They don't have bad stories, they're just not the best. L5's strong points have been great gameplay and graphics.

On par or better than the Tales series.

Tales games have awesome stories. I guess Level 5's games have awesome stories too :P

I wouldn't call Tales stories "awesome" as much as I would call it "decent". Level 5's stories weren't that good at first but have improved with Jeanne d'Arc and Professor Layton.

You haven't even played a Tales.

I don't need to play a Tales game to know that they haven't been known for breaking new ground.  Character interaction=/=story.  An amazing story would be Final Fantasy X(I know you haven't play this game) IMO

Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
@ Soriku

They don't have bad stories, they're just not the best. L5's strong points have been great gameplay and graphics.

Tales games have awesome stories. I guess Level 5's games have awesome stories too :P

I wouldn't call Tales stories "awesome" as much as I would call it "decent". Level 5's stories weren't that good at first but have improved with Jeanne d'Arc and Professor Layton.

I don't need to play a Tales game to know that they haven't been known for breaking new ground. Character interaction=/=story. An amazing story would be Final Fantasy X(I know you haven't play this game) IMO

FF X's story sucks. I haven't played it.

WKS's story will suck. I haven't played it.

How do I know this? I just know.

etc.

Look, I can do the same.

I'm just saying that Tales games have decent stories(from what I can tell), but they aren't really anything anyone in the right mind(no offense, Soriku) would consider "amazing".  Now, let's just end this discussion.

Around the Network

i always play 100++ hours for final fantasy games. i wanna collect everything n become godlike strong haha!!

Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
@ Soriku

I don't need to play a Tales game to know that they haven't been known for breaking new ground. Character interaction=/=story. An amazing story would be Final Fantasy X(I know you haven't play this game) IMO

FF X's story sucks. I haven't played it.

WKS's story will suck. I haven't played it.

How do I know this? I just know.

etc.

Look, I can do the same.

I'm just saying that Tales games have decent stories(from what I can tell), but they aren't really anything anyone in the right mind(no offense, Soriku) would consider "amazing". Now, let's just end this discussion.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

My friend is a big XBox360 fanboy.  He thought the story in FFX was freaking awesome.  He thought the story in Tales of Vesperia was good.  He's currently playing Tales of the Abyss and he thinks that game is pretty good.  But none of the Tales games he's gushed as much about as FFX.  Btw, he played all of them withing the past 2 months, so no nostalgia factor here.

I'm almost done FFX after hearing his gushing review about the story.  I love it so far.  What I've played of Tales of the Abyss doesn't come close to matching FFX.  I got about a quarter/third of the way through Tales of the Abyss (15 hours play time) before giving up.  I hated the story and the characters.  You might tell me that it gets better as the game goes on, but I shouldn't have to slog through 15-20 hours of crappy story telling and crappy character development to get to the good parts.

I've also played bits of Tales of Symphonia.

Soriku said:

@bobo

ToS's story is kinda similar to FF X, so you might want to go through that. Same with your friend,

From what I heard,  FFX's story is considered better executed than ToS's story

Well ,I wont put much more time in this.

But consider simply this:

1)WKC allows you to create nearly all your party ,not only the main character.Older games that allowed you to create you character were way more limited and in the western RPG mould of classes and races and standard weaponry.The editor here is far ,far more advanced.Like it or not this is a step in the right direction.

2)Co-op gameplay is a definite plus and innovation for the genre.

3)100 hour+ of gameplay its the first JRPG of the generation to offer something like that.

4)Its the first JRPG ever to feature 1080p graphics.

All that toghether puts this a step beyond any RPG released yet.

Skeeuk said:
this is sounding better every day, when released i will buy jap version as it has english subs.

a whopping adventure on 1 bluray should be a nice addition to the ps3 library, should sell very well in japan.

I CANNOT have heard that right, this game will have ENGLISH SUB right of the bat with the jap release????? Are you certain of this? Can you quote a source? This would be the single most revolutionary thing any big budget JRPG has ever done.