By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some new White Knight Chronicle Info

that all sounds great. I can't wait for some gameplay videos.

Around the Network

Come on TGS...

Cactus said:
Diomedes1976 said:
THis will be the first Next-Gen RPG .Not only HD graphics ,but improved features and playability too.

Really? I could have sworn that I've played a few next gen RPGs already! I guess I'm going crazy...

Name one that ,HD graphics aside ,couldnt be done on the PS2 or Xbox.

Diomedes1976 said:
Cactus said:
Diomedes1976 said:
THis will be the first Next-Gen RPG .Not only HD graphics ,but improved features and playability too.

Really? I could have sworn that I've played a few next gen RPGs already! I guess I'm going crazy...

Name one that ,HD graphics aside ,couldnt be done on the PS2 or Xbox.

I can't, but can you tell me how (HD and graphics aside) this can't be done on a PS2 or Xbox?

I said simply that this will be the first RPG with features that couldnt be done on the previous generation ,ASIDE HD graphics ...

And its true ,most of the 360 Jrpg have good graphics but are pretty standar and with SD graphics could be done on a PS2 or Xbox ....this White Knight Story will be the first JRPG that will put more things on the table.Character creation tool ,co-op online between players ,PSN features ,etc etc.

Around the Network

100+ hours doesnt seem that hard to do, especially with a 3 year development cycle, and using a 25gb blu-ray disc.

mM
Diomedes1976 said:
I said simply that this will be the first RPG with features that couldnt be done on the previous generation ,ASIDE HD graphics ...

And its true ,most of the 360 Jrpg have good graphics but are pretty standar and with SD graphics could be done on a PS2 or Xbox ....this White Knight Story will be the first JRPG that will put more things on the table.Character creation tool ,co-op online between players ,PSN features ,etc etc.

I'm sure character creation could be done on a PS2. Enchanted Arms had an online mode, so the online argument doesn't really work...

PSN features? Like what?

I'm seriously curious what makes this is more "next gen" than lets say, Lost Odyssey or Tales of Vesperia?

Cactus said:
Diomedes1976 said:

I'm sure character creation could be done on a PS2. Enchanted Arms had an online mode, so the online argument doesn't really work...

PSN features? Like what?

I'm seriously curious what makes this is more "next gen" than lets say, Lost Odyssey or Tales of Vesperia?

There's actual innovation(like the game's battle system) in WKC.  Not saying lack of innovation is bad though.  Lost Odyssey is great and ToV is suppose to be even better.

Sounds great, cant wait too see a new video hopefully on thursday.

Riachu said:
Cactus said:
Diomedes1976 said:

PSN features? Like what?

There's actual innovation(like the game's battle system) in WKC.  Not saying lack of innovation is bad though.  Lost Odyssey is great and ToV is suppose to be even better.

There is innovation. I agree with that.

The point that I'm trying to make though, is that there's no use saying that this game couldn't be done on the PS2/XBOX, while saying that all the 360 RPGs could. With toned down graphics and lack of HD, any 360/PS3 game this gen could have been done on a PS2/XBOX.