By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others numbers up.

Jackson50 said:
Press_the_Button said:
I can't find thread number 1 - the one that got locked I've love to read it.

Good sales for the 360 though, think Sony will need to consider a price cut now for the PS3.

Here you are, my friend. Someone posted it in the 2nd thread that was locked.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=43630

Wow thanks dude. I couldn't find it for looking.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Around the Network

i expect PS3 price drop now soon...

Jackson50 said:
ssj12 said:
disolitude said:
ssj12 said:
things will get back to normal. I doubt the PS3 will be outsold in Japan but i might be wrong. IF anything the gap will be only several hundred if that.

Can you tell me what you think "normal" is? If anything, PS3 wasn't selling well at all until they had a first price cut...so things are back to normal now.

remember that the PS3 also didnt have many games. There is a difference between now and then.

Yes, 360 used to outsell the PS3 when its price was too high and it had a dearth of good games. Now it is outselling the PS3 when the PS3 has a reasonable price and an impressive game library. I suppose there is a difference between then and now.

yes and all it took was for it to reach the same price as sonys last gen console. The Playstation 2.

Check out my game about moles ^

indeed. and if sony does 100 hell even 50 dollar of the price, it will outsel the ps3 once more... and the x360 boost wont last forever

ssj12 said:
you people forget about the 160GB model of the PS3 coming out soon.

No one's forgetting about the 160GB. We just realize that it doesn't matter. It's just as gimped as the old 40GB and new 80GB model.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
ssj12 said:

No one's forgetting about the 160GB. We just realize that it doesn't matter. It's just as gimped as the old 40GB and new 80GB model.

Wait...will any ps3 support ps2 Bc once this is said and done?

Staude said:

yes and all it took was for it to reach the same price as sonys last gen console. The Playstation 2.

Yes, good job MSFT for lowering your prices and selling more than the PS3. I am glad we can agree on that.

disolitude said:
Darc Requiem said:
ssj12 said:

Wait...will any ps3 support ps2 Bc once this is said and done?

No current models support BC.

If you didn't grab the MGS4 bundle, you're screwed.

Jackson50 said:
Staude said:

Yes, good job MSFT for lowering your prices and selling more than the PS3. I am glad we can agree on that.

yes i think we both know my point is that they had to price it at the same price point of a 8 year old console to be competitive.

Check out my game about moles ^