By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others numbers up.

good Xbox 360 number, i keep hearing on UK on another forum, it is selling at incridible rate at several store.

also in Japan same as i predicted, it is 10K, next week will be different story for Others & Japan, in Others Number will be about the same, but in Japan will be higher than 14K, because i hope the stock problem is already gone.

Around the Network

I think the core model is still priced above the the PS2, and its the premium model that most people buy anyways. Also, The Xbox 360 has insane software sales that help recoup the costs of production. The PS3 doesnt have the software sales to justify a price cut.

FishyJoe said:
disolitude said:
Darc Requiem said:
ssj12 said:
you people forget about the 160GB model of the PS3 coming out soon.

No one's forgetting about the 160GB. We just realize that it doesn't matter. It's just as gimped as the old 40GB and new 80GB model.

Wait...will any ps3 support ps2 Bc once this is said and done?

No current models support BC.

wow...how could they abandon something they started? I'm not saying its a make or break deal and frankly I wouldnt care if ps2 games are supported if i was buying a ps3...but its a known fact that playstation brand console should be backwards compatible with previous generation consoles.

Staude said:
Jackson50 said:
Staude said:

yes and all it took was for it to reach the same price as sonys last gen console. The Playstation 2.

Yes, good job MSFT for lowering your prices and selling more than the PS3. I am glad we can agree on that.

yes i think we both know my point is that they had to price it at the same price point of a 8 year old console to be competitive.

PS2 is £35 cheaper than 360 Arcade.

The other 360 models cost more.

disolitude said:
FishyJoe said:
disolitude said:
Darc Requiem said:
ssj12 said:
you people forget about the 160GB model of the PS3 coming out soon.

No one's forgetting about the 160GB. We just realize that it doesn't matter. It's just as gimped as the old 40GB and new 80GB model.

Wait...will any ps3 support ps2 Bc once this is said and done?

No current models support BC.

wow...how could they abandon something they started? I'm not saying its a make or break deal and frankly I wouldnt care if ps2 games are supported if i was buying a ps3...but its a known fact that playstation brand console should be backwards compatible with previous generation consoles.

it can still play PS1 games

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

@SSJ12

What's section 8?? Your sig says you're a section 8 member.. what does that mean??

Is there a secret section for members that we don't know about?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Staude said:
Jackson50 said:
Staude said:

yes and all it took was for it to reach the same price as sonys last gen console. The Playstation 2.

Yes, good job MSFT for lowering your prices and selling more than the PS3. I am glad we can agree on that.

yes i think we both know my point is that they had to price it at the same price point of a 8 year old console to be competitive.

I think we both know, as a poster above this post has pointed out, that the PS2 is actually cheaper than the 360's cheapest SKU.

gebx said:
@SSJ12

What's section 8?? Your sig says you're a section 8 member.. what does that mean??

Tee hee hee, you'll never know.

I could lock this for trolling, since the thread creator is an obvious troll. But I think I'll just let the thread sit here and rot.

gebx said:
@SSJ12

Ban him!

superchunk said:
gebx said:
@SSJ12

Ban him!

hehe, I'm not the one advertising it in my sig...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)