By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales Up --- PS3 is DESTROYED!

Sure, xbox360 is doing fine, but will it last. I don't want to jump into any conclusions, but if it fails to have legs, M$ is in deep shit, but than again if stays around 80k until Christmas, it would call it successful.

Around the Network
frybread said:
leo-j said:

Dont ask me, Im not buying the console with the WORST GAMES THIS GEN, WORST GRAPHICS  THIS GEN, AND WORST ONLINE COMMUNITY THIS GEN.

The people are, and yes this is a true fact.

Wii has more 90+ rated games that PS3, just so ya know.  And if you were a Sony fan last gen, you had no issues with the "WORST GRAPHICS".

Technically, it's tied.

EDIT: ^^konniciwa's post, good one^^

darthdevidem01 said:
blazinhead89 said:
Tbone said:
Really is this thread still alive.

I Blame Wii Fit. Still lots of VG$ For Darth

@Frybread

Puhhhh-lease. Last-gen there wasn't such a "leap" in graphical difference between Ps2 (worst) & XBox (best)

& despite Ps2 having the worst grfx....it got 3 games with the best grfx of last gen.....FF12, MGS3, GOW 2

ironic.....eh

Quoted for Truth and Pwnage

leo-j said:
mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Will this lead to what I think it will lead to.....

a drop in price for the King of all consoles?

No. The Wii is still in a great position :)

I dont think the wii deserves the title "king" just because its selling well..

I do. Sorry I gotta say this bro, but what do you think should be the king of this gen? The 3rd place console with the second best library?

Come on man. The only console that should be considered the winner here is the Wii. It's quantifiable. The rest is opinion. What do you think the "king" console should be. The one that's ahead in your opinion. What you wrote is just argumentative. You think the PSP is the king handheld? Come on bro.

Trolling is bad in this topic, but there is no need to add extra argument to this thread from hell. I think that it's gotten so bad at this point that it should just be locked and never looked upon again.

There's no need to flame the Wii just because that guy is pissing you off, and you need to stop it. You know better.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Im happy the 360 is doing this well, heck I think it should do even better, its the best console this gen.

Best gaming library
Best online community
Great graphics
Great fun

Microsoft has tried its best to make the 360 the best console to own this gen.

And its true, Nintendo? Well I think its funny that its doing so well.

As for the PS3, sure they are playing catch up with the 360, but IMO they hold the most innovative titles this gen.

mM
Around the Network

how can i spread peace?
my heart full of it but i can't transfer it to my pc :(
CALM DOWN GUYS

ph4nt said:
leo-j said:
Kasz216 said:So your arguement is the PS3 is doing poorly because people are idiots now.

Fun arguement, though fundamentally irrelvent since it's Sony's job to tell people what their product does.  If they fail at it... it's nobody fault nor does it change the "real cost to benefit ratio".

Now it does change the "perceived cost to benefit ratio" but such a thing is not used when talking about selling something for peanuts.

Dont ask me, Im not buying the console with the WORST GAMES THIS GEN, WORST GRAPHICS  THIS GEN, AND WORST ONLINE COMMUNITY THIS GEN.

Now its your choice to call them idiots.

If I wanted the worst games i'd buy a Ps3.

If I wanted the worst graphics I'd go play my DS

If I wanted the worst online community I would go play Halo 3.

Back on topic.....

So what are the current prices in EU. 180 for 360, 250 for Wii, 400 for PS3?

360 better be outselling the PS3 at that price, it truly is amazing the brand power Sony has in EU right now. I applaud 360 for it's victory, it will be interesting to see where the sales level out in a couple weeks (i'm thinking 70-75k or less). It's going to be a virtual tie between the Hd twins this holiday season I think.

What I can't wait to see is when/If (lol) the Wii drops to 199, the mass market price for the fastest selling system ever 0.o.

in UK the prices are

360- £120

ps3- £300

wii- £180

i guess the wii isnt sellig so well because of price then. thats what everyone kept saying before but now look at how cheap xbox 360 is!! and its selling no where near the wii!

Aj_habfan said:
frybread said:
leo-j said:

Wii has more 90+ rated games that PS3, just so ya know.  And if you were a Sony fan last gen, you had no issues with the "WORST GRAPHICS".

Technically, it's tied.

No its not.. the wii has the same amount of AAA games sure, but when we look at good games in general(80+) its not a good sight. Hence the reason my sig is there

mM
leo-j said:
ph4nt said:
leo-j said:
Kasz216 said:So your arguement is the PS3 is doing poorly because people are idiots now.

Fun arguement, though fundamentally irrelvent since it's Sony's job to tell people what their product does.  If they fail at it... it's nobody fault nor does it change the "real cost to benefit ratio".

Now it does change the "perceived cost to benefit ratio" but such a thing is not used when talking about selling something for peanuts.

Now its your choice to call them idiots.

If I wanted the worst games i'd buy a Ps3.

If I wanted the worst graphics I'd go play my DS

If I wanted the worst online community I would go play Halo 3.

Back on topic.....

So what are the current prices in EU. 180 for 360, 250 for Wii, 400 for PS3?

360 better be outselling the PS3 at that price, it truly is amazing the brand power Sony has in EU right now. I applaud 360 for it's victory, it will be interesting to see where the sales level out in a couple weeks (i'm thinking 70-75k or less). It's going to be a virtual tie between the Hd twins this holiday season I think.

What I can't wait to see is when/If (lol) the Wii drops to 199, the mass market price for the fastest selling system ever 0.o.

Worst games on the ps3?

Yea thats why my sig is completely blank, and isnt there for a reason..

Is your sig for real?  "metacritic: 66 games 80+ average ps3  28 games 80+ average wii" ???

Why wouldn't you include the 360 numbers too? oh wait I know why

Metacritic: 80+ average for the 360

112!!!

Edit: Oh nevermind.. I see what your doing..

Just ignore this post...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

leo-j said:
Im happy the 360 is doing this well, heck I think it should do even better, its the best console this gen.

Best gaming library
Best online community
Great graphics
Great fun

Microsoft has tried its best to make the 360 the best console to own this gen.

And its true, Nintendo? Well I think its funny that its doing so well.

As for the PS3, sure they are playing catch up with the 360, but IMO they hold the most innovative titles this gen.

I might even agree with that, except for the passive-agressive Nintendo hate, but for christ sake bro, you are angry at a troll and he's making you flame another console for no reason. Don't you see that!?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.