By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales Up --- PS3 is DESTROYED!

Congratulations Leo-J. In the face of astounding competition, and unbelievably horrible trolls, you've somehow managed to make yourself the bad guy. If you could get that temper under control and use your wit, you woulda easily won this thread.

First you deny the allegation:

1. The PS3 is actually pwning in sales, and is double last year. The 360 bump was expected, but I doubt 360 will win second this gen, do you believe it will?

Next attack the poster:

2. However, you sir are obviously a biased troll. That is readily apparent from your posting history, and you are making a complete ass of yourself to all intelligent posters, not just PS3 fans.

What you don't do is say:

"Oh yeah!!! Well, the Wii sucks bro, hahahahaha!!!"

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
frybread said:
leo-j said:

You did ask if I thought people were idiots, and yes I do think they are idiots.

leo-j's ideal world of smart, informed consumers:

Hey grandpa!  I know you're a little too old to compete in Tennis, so we bought your retirement home "Singstar" to keep everyone entertained.

--------

Happy birthday Tim!  We got you a new toy to play at your birthday party tonight, a PS3 with "Buzz"!!!  You can play while all of your guests watch.

--------

That was a great Thanksgiving dinner, and Martha the turkey was perfect!  Now let's all go to the family room and watch someone play "Eye Pet"

Fixed

gebx said:
Kasz216 said:
konnichiwa said:
frybread said:
leo-j said:

Dont ask me, Im not buying the console with the WORST GAMES THIS GEN, WORST GRAPHICS  THIS GEN, AND WORST ONLINE COMMUNITY THIS GEN.

The people are, and yes this is a true fact.

Wii has more 90+ rated games that PS3, just so ya know.  And if you were a Sony fan last gen, you had no issues with the "WORST GRAPHICS".

PS3

GTA IV 
COD IV
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
MGS IV
Rockband

Total of 5 + 90

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp

Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil 4
Brawl
Okami
The Legend Of Zelda

Total of 5...+90

What?  Did you even checked it?

I think I better shall not mention PS3 haves 52 +80 games and Wii 18+ +80 games?

You missed Metroid Prime.  Just sayin.  I go by Metacritic myself.

And we should probably add that all but one of the PS3's AAA games are available on a $199 console

You can do that but I didn't wanted to do that because I know we can get again some childish reactions.

Well Okami was a Ps2 game and Res4 is a gamecube port. So......yeah. Three of the others are Mario, Link or a combination of them. Very unexpected. Let's just say they are about even. Neither system has a mind boggling amount of great games. 360 is closest to that claim I would think. But PS2 is the best ever, and it keeps chugging. :)

leo-j said:
ph4nt said:
leo-j said:
Kasz216 said:So your arguement is the PS3 is doing poorly because people are idiots now.

Fun arguement, though fundamentally irrelvent since it's Sony's job to tell people what their product does.  If they fail at it... it's nobody fault nor does it change the "real cost to benefit ratio".

Now it does change the "perceived cost to benefit ratio" but such a thing is not used when talking about selling something for peanuts.

Dont ask me, Im not buying the console with the WORST GAMES THIS GEN, WORST GRAPHICS  THIS GEN, AND WORST ONLINE COMMUNITY THIS GEN.

Now its your choice to call them idiots.

If I wanted the worst games i'd buy a Ps3.

If I wanted the worst graphics I'd go play my DS

If I wanted the worst online community I would go play Halo 3.

Back on topic.....

So what are the current prices in EU. 180 for 360, 250 for Wii, 400 for PS3?

360 better be outselling the PS3 at that price, it truly is amazing the brand power Sony has in EU right now. I applaud 360 for it's victory, it will be interesting to see where the sales level out in a couple weeks (i'm thinking 70-75k or less). It's going to be a virtual tie between the Hd twins this holiday season I think.

What I can't wait to see is when/If (lol) the Wii drops to 199, the mass market price for the fastest selling system ever 0.o.

Worst games on the ps3?

Yea thats why my sig is completely blank, and isnt there for a reason..

Yes and 75-80% of those games I can find right here on my 360. You can't go by raw ratings because people have different tastes, my taste says the Ps3 library is abysmal, and Wii is fantastic, you may think differently, but just because Ps3 has better numbers doesn't mean everyone thinks it has better games (most people on this site would agree) Oh, and the Wii now has 31 80+ games, update your sig =).

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Congratulations Leo-J. In the face of astounding competition, and unbelievably horrible trolls, you've somehow managed to make yourself the bad guy. If you could get that temper under control and use your wit, you woulda easily won this thread.

First you deny the allegation:

1. The PS3 is actually pwning in sales, and is double last year. The 360 bump was expected, but I doubt 360 will win second this gen, do you believe it will?

Next attack the poster:

2. However, you sir are obviously a biased troll. That is readily apparent from your posting history, and you are making a complete ass of yourself to all intelligent posters, not just PS3 fans.

What you don't do is say:

"Oh yeah!!! Well, the Wii sucks bro, hahahahaha!!!"

Wow if you think im a troll, you need to look at your post history Zen, dont even decide to call anyone a troll without looking at yourself first.

Sure Ive "trolled" occasionly, because its a discussion forum, you form your opinions. I never balantly said the wii SUCKS, I did say it was the worst console this gen, that doesnt necessarily mean I think it sucks.

mM
GTAIV08 said:
kutasek said:
Sure, xbox360 is doing fine, but will it last. I don't want to jump into any conclusions, but if it fails to have legs, M$ is in deep shit, but than again if stays around 80k until Christmas, it would call it successful.

it wont stay that high. the last price cut had the same effect, high at first but then just went lower and lower. what are microsoft just going to cut the price everytime the 360 sales go below 50k

Well that's what they need to sell in europe each week to compete with sony, they did cut the price twice in one year so you never know. :)

konnichiwa said:
Kasz216 said:
konnichiwa said:
frybread said:
leo-j said:

Wii has more 90+ rated games that PS3, just so ya know.  And if you were a Sony fan last gen, you had no issues with the "WORST GRAPHICS".

PS3

GTA IV 
COD IV
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
MGS IV
Rockband

Total of 5 + 90

Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil 4
Brawl
Okami
The Legend Of Zelda

Total of 5...+90

I think I better shall not mention PS3 haves 52 +80 games and Wii 18+ +80 games?

I thought I did that aswell but on gamerankings it is not a 90+ game (surprised me).

At the end it doesn't mean much considering Xbox 360 has more +90 games than Wii + PS3 +90 games.

By that I meant that if you go by Metacritic the Wii has more 90+ rated games.  Which is probably what he was doing since Metacritic only allows reviewers that have proven themselves to some degree while Gamerankings excepts everybody.

konnichiwa said:
gebx said:
Kasz216 said:
konnichiwa said:
frybread said:
leo-j said:

PS3

GTA IV 
COD IV
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
MGS IV
Rockband

Total of 5 + 90

Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil 4
Brawl
Okami
The Legend Of Zelda

Total of 5...+90

And we should probably add that all but one of the PS3's AAA games are available on a $199 console

You can do that but I didn't wanted to do that because I know we can get again some childish reactions.

yeah but like 2 of those 5 AAA wii games are remakes from last-gen

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ph4nt said:
leo-j said:
ph4nt said:
leo-j said:
Kasz216 said:So your arguement is the PS3 is doing poorly because people are idiots now.

Fun arguement, though fundamentally irrelvent since it's Sony's job to tell people what their product does.  If they fail at it... it's nobody fault nor does it change the "real cost to benefit ratio".

Now it does change the "perceived cost to benefit ratio" but such a thing is not used when talking about selling something for peanuts.

Now its your choice to call them idiots.

If I wanted the worst games i'd buy a Ps3.

If I wanted the worst graphics I'd go play my DS

If I wanted the worst online community I would go play Halo 3.

Back on topic.....

So what are the current prices in EU. 180 for 360, 250 for Wii, 400 for PS3?

360 better be outselling the PS3 at that price, it truly is amazing the brand power Sony has in EU right now. I applaud 360 for it's victory, it will be interesting to see where the sales level out in a couple weeks (i'm thinking 70-75k or less). It's going to be a virtual tie between the Hd twins this holiday season I think.

What I can't wait to see is when/If (lol) the Wii drops to 199, the mass market price for the fastest selling system ever 0.o.

Worst games on the ps3?

Yea thats why my sig is completely blank, and isnt there for a reason..

Yes and 75-80% of those games I can find right here on my 360. You can't go by raw ratings because people have different tastes, my taste says the Ps3 library is abysmal, and Wii is fantastic, you may think differently, but just because Ps3 has better numbers doesn't mean everyone thinks it has better games (most people on this site would agree) Oh, and the Wii now has 31 80+ games, update your sig =).

My argument... isnt about the PS3 for gods sake, you people are attacking me for thinking that I think the PS3 is the best console in the world, I love my ps3, but im not forcing my opinion on people.

This is what i hate about this forum, everyone forces there opinion on people, and make it seem as FACT. This is why I use numbers, because most of the people on this site would say "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA PS3 SUCKS, AHAHAHAHAHAHA 360 SUCKS,, NINTENDO IS THE BEST"

Even if you try to rationalize, I posted what I posted because I dont think the wii should be doing this well, and thats my opinion.

You guys attack me for my opinion, then scream at me at a SALES THREAD, "TROLL OF THE WORLD, WII ROCKS, OH AND MOST OF THE PS3 GAMES ARE ON MY 360"

Again when did I ever mention the PS3? Only when you people decide to attack it do I mention it.

mM