By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - questions for wii music haters. please answer truthfully( i know, im sorry)

Miyamoto has said that this is a music toy, not a game. No one ever said this was a game.

It is aimed at little kids, and maybe music lovers. That's it.

People are upset that Nintendo is making something that is not for them. I really don't understand why.

I won't be buying it, so this game does not affect me.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

Around the Network
woopah said:

im not a fan of wii music, i dont think it will be particularly amazing and i deff wont buy it. but:

1. how is it worse than wii fit? that seems like even less of a game to me and more of a fitness video

2. have you noticed that most hate about it being 'nothing but waggle' have come from threads not actual previews of the game

3. the SSBB/mario kart/wii fit trilogy didnt destroy gaming so why woulf the D:doc/animal crossing/wii music trilogy

4. as much as i hate to quote metacritic, wii sports got 76 and wii fit got 80, couldnt wii music get a similar score?

5. why has miyamoto gone crazy? his games have always been about more than just the hardcorz. he describes zelda as : a game that gives the player their own little garden to explore

From your thread title I think you must be talking to me.

1.  It is worse than Wii Fit because Wii Fit can be used for exercise.  It is also worse because that and Animal Crossing are all that we are going to have this Christmas.  When Wii Fit came out there were core Nintendo games to choose from.  It's also worse than Wii Fit because with Wii Fit you determined what happened in the exercises.  With Wii Music the Music just comes out.  You seem to have very little say.

2. I saw the E3 demonstration and they didn't seem to be doing anything other than pretending.  I can put on a cd grab my Wii remote, swing it around and pretend I am making music without having to waste money on Wii Music.

3.  I don't get your point.  How could Brawl or Mario Kart destroy gaming?  Or Disaster or Animal Crossing?  Our fear is that if Wii Music is super successful (in sales not in quality - it has as much chance of having great quality as I have of learning how to fly in the next 10 minutes) then Nintendo would spend too much time focusing on such games and less time on games like Brawl, Kart or Disaster.

4.  Wii Sports deserves to get 96% or more.  That it got 76% and Mario Kart got less than 90% shows that reviews of Wii games are generally retarded.  I couldn't care less what Wii Music gets.  It can get 100% for all I care.  Me personally I will be giving it a score of 5%.

5.  Miyamoto has not gone crazy.  He seems to be getting more and more intelligent and creative than ever before as hard as that is to believe given he was already the greatest of all time.  How could he come up with Pikmin from doing gardening?  That's just out of this world.  But I am selfish.  He has given casuals Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit.  He has only given me Zelda TP and Galaxy (I'm not sure he has much involvement in Mario Kart).  So rather than focusing on giving casuals Wii Music for Christmas his priority should have been to give me Pikmin 3.  I think I deserve more attention than the new gamer given I have spent more on Nintendo products than 40 of them put together ever will.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

theRepublic said:
Miyamoto has said that this is a music toy, not a game. No one ever said this was a game.

It is aimed at little kids, and maybe music lovers. That's it.

People are upset that Nintendo is making something that is not for them. I really don't understand why.

I won't be buying it, so this game does not affect me.

Then why would he have M Night Shamalan (don't care how you spell his name) and other adults playing it in every commercial for it?

by the destroying gaming thing i mean that wii fit didnt stop make them stop putting resousrse into core games like disaster, fatal frame ect.

btw read previews of the game, i did to se eif it really was that bad the general trend seems to be that its not has bad as people make out. it does have mini games like wii fit its just that instead of wieghinh yourself you mix tracks. im pretty sure its not just waggle along to the song cos then there would be no point in being able to share tracks youve made over wifi.

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

am i not allowed to just dislike all music games... until one proves me wrong... i have disliked them all inculding donkey conga

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Not to belabor the obvious but music in general is not a competitive sport.

Wii Fit is not a game but I have enjoyed it, it has helped me lose 45 lbs and it has noticably improved my balance. So game or not, it has made a fairly significant improvement in my quality of life in general. Scores high in my book.

woopah said:

im not a fan of wii music, i dont think it will be particularly amazing and i deff wont buy it. but:

1. how is it worse than wii fit? that seems like even less of a game to me and more of a fitness video

2. have you noticed that most hate about it being 'nothing but waggle' have come from threads not actual previews of the game

3. the SSBB/mario kart/wii fit trilogy didnt destroy gaming so why woulf the D:doc/animal crossing/wii music trilogy

4. as much as i hate to quote metacritic, wii sports got 76 and wii fit got 80, couldnt wii music get a similar score?

5. why has miyamoto gone crazy? his games have always been about more than just the hardcorz. he describes zelda as : a game that gives the player their own little garden to explore

1. If you think that you obviously haven't played Wii Fit.  There are plenty of games in it.

2. I think it's more that no matter what you do... your char plays the same note.

3. two of those gfames aren't the least bit casual so eh....?

4. Probably not unless there is more then the "press a button get a note" and "Freestyle Drumming" games.

5. He hasn't.  He's just trying to expand his horizens by making different things.  He's made a ridiculious number of masterpiece games the traditional way, so it's obvious he's bored and wants to try new radical ideas.

I can't believe that people refuse to see that Nintendo is exploring some new grounds with some of their titles.
Wii-Fit nd Wii-Music are two good examples of a new way to see video games (exercising, getting familiar with musical instruments...). They're not turning their back to "gamers". They simply test a new category, or "genre".

Master Mii Artisan