By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - questions for wii music haters. please answer truthfully( i know, im sorry)

im not a fan of wii music, i dont think it will be particularly amazing and i deff wont buy it. but:

1. how is it worse than wii fit? that seems like even less of a game to me and more of a fitness video

2. have you noticed that most hate about it being 'nothing but waggle' have come from threads not actual previews of the game

3. the SSBB/mario kart/wii fit trilogy didnt destroy gaming so why woulf the D:doc/animal crossing/wii music trilogy

4. as much as i hate to quote metacritic, wii sports got 76 and wii fit got 80, couldnt wii music get a similar score?

5. why has miyamoto gone crazy? his games have always been about more than just the hardcorz. he describes zelda as : a game that gives the player their own little garden to explore

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

It's really just lame to me. Maybe people will like it, or not. I just can't see it good as both wii sports or wii fit, because it lacks any competitive based games, you just swing and it makes a sound, that's it, i really can't call that fun.

woopah said:

im not a fan of wii music, i dont think it will be particularly amazing and i deff wont buy it. but:

1. how is it worse than wii fit? that seems like even less of a game to me and more of a fitness video

2. have you noticed that most hate about it being 'nothing but waggle' have come from threads not actual previews of the game

3. the SSBB/mario kart/wii fit trilogy didnt destroy gaming so why woulf the D:doc/animal crossing/wii music trilogy

4. as much as i hate to quote metacritic, wii sports got 76 and wii fit got 80, couldnt wii music get a similar score?

5. why has miyamoto gone crazy? his games have always been about more than just the hardcorz. he describes zelda as : a game that gives the player their own little garden to explore

1.  It isn't.  I didn't buy Wii Fit either.

2.  I notice most hate coming from people who would rather see other games they like more made instead.

3.  Are you suggesting SSBB + Mario Kart Wii = Disaster + Animal Crossing?  I hope not because that's insane.

4.  I think these types of games need to be rated differently.  Different audience, different goals, and all that.

5.  Trick question.  Miyamoto is awesome, not crazy.

Most of the people don't hate Wii Music for what it is. They hate it for what it represents.

correction, internet people who consider themselves hardcore hate this game beacuse it's not aimed at them.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Some people are mad that Nintendo has put a lot of work into Wii Music and they want them to put that time into other games like a Zelda sequel or a new IP. Some people also can't grasp a game without some sort of competitive element might actually be fun. I call them morons.

woopah said:

1. WiiFit doesn't try to disguise itself as an actual game in the same way WiiMusic does (yes, I know WiiFit has mini games but that isn't in any way the focus of the game).
  2. So are you telling me it is something other than nothing but waggle?
  3. Never said any of those would.
  4. I guess?
  5. Never said he's gone crazy, he just made an incredibly shitty game.

alfredofroylan said:
Most of the people don't hate Wii Music for what it is. They hate it for what it represents.

No, I hate it for what it is (though I don't care if other people like it).

I actually defended the game when it first appeared and told people to give it a chance.  Then I saw it being played.  I hate myself that I defended that game for an entire day or so.

i don't hate wii music, i hate rhythm games as a whole.

1. i didn't buy wii fit

2. i don't know, i have not read any previews of wii music

3. MKWII + SSBB > DOC + Animal Crossing IMO

4. wii sports was really under rated IMO

5. not crazier than your average genius

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
kutasek said:
It's really just lame to me. Maybe people will like it, or not. I just can't see it good as both wii sports or wii fit, because it lacks any competitive based games, you just swing and it makes a sound, that's it, i really can't call that fun.

+1 waggle to make noiseeeeeee yay... not :/