By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 starts selling= sony gets cocky again

jman8 said:
Jesus.... READ THIS:

SCEA’s VP of product marketing Scott Steinberg

Again, VP of product MARKETING.

It's his freakin job to hype up his product. Stop personifying Sony CORPORATION as if it was a living breathing human being like you and me. This is what corporations do. Sony can't be "cocky" b/c Sony isn't a person. Stop paying attention to what the MARKETING guy says and focus on what products (i.e. games and features) that Sony is producing. That's all that really matters. Judge Sony based on that. [/rant]

This...

Oh, and Onimusha cracked me up as allways ^_^

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

i believe tha 10 years cicle

Soriku said:
leo-j said:
First off, this article is from 2007..

Secound off, mr flamebate man

He is talking about the technology in the console.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/steinberg-outines-ps3-advantage-warns-competitors

I see September 25, 2008 on there. So no, not really.

OT: I was wondering where the Sony PR for this month was :O But I agree with jman.

WTF?

I read this exact same article a very long time ago

mM
Onimusha12 said:
False Confidense is all Sony, or any company heavily involved in HD-gaming, has. It's p.r. bravado simple as that, a carefully orchestrated facade to be maintained at all times to keep the consumer from realizing the bottom is falling out from underneath the Video Game Industry for just about everyone but Nintendo.

Who wants to buy a product from a company that admits they're fucked? It's Sony's manufactured confidence that allows the consumer the fleeting illussion that they're not going anywhere and that the PS3 isn't the trainwreck that it is infact is trying to recover from.

Of course as you can in this thead, such bravado offers renewed strength to all the Sony faithfuls whose vocabularies now consist of such Tretton approved phrases as, "Future Proof, You're paying for potential, Sony doesn't buy exclusives they earn them..." But more importantly such announcements create the illusion of viable video game console alternative in the market to the non-comittal potential consumers.

Of course now that the PS3 is starting to lose to the 360 again on weekly basis, expect a shitstorm of "Is the PS3 supply constrained?", "When will the PS3 make its next big comeback?", "The PS4 will set things right!" and "ZOMFG the next big Sony exclusive!" threads using Sony's P.R. bravado as their backbone. When things are at their worst that's perhaps when its the most important for Sony to feign confidence.

Well, good thing the PS3 is in a better position this year than last!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Because PS3 is the cheapest console on the market,has the best library of games and the best online system... oh wait... wrong console.

I can`t wait for Gears 2 and Fable 2,then we will see if "paying for potential" equals to paying for games. Get my point?

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Stillwell said:
I don't see any reason why the 360 should have a shorter lifespan than PS3. Because Sony say it?

They can say because they have a history of supporting their platforms for a long period of time versus the disbanding MS did with the Xbox.

That was for strategical reasons. The reason why 360 is ahead of PS3 now. Which is the reason why MS won't do the same this time around. Why should they?

outlawauron said:
Onimusha12 said:
False Confidense is all Sony, or any company heavily involved in HD-gaming, has. It's p.r. bravado simple as that, a carefully orchestrated facade to be maintained at all times to keep the consumer from realizing the bottom is falling out from underneath the Video Game Industry for just about everyone but Nintendo.

Who wants to buy a product from a company that admits they're fucked? It's Sony's manufactured confidence that allows the consumer the fleeting illussion that they're not going anywhere and that the PS3 isn't the trainwreck that it is infact is trying to recover from.

Of course as you can in this thead, such bravado offers renewed strength to all the Sony faithfuls whose vocabularies now consist of such Tretton approved phrases as, "Future Proof, You're paying for potential, Sony doesn't buy exclusives they earn them..." But more importantly such announcements create the illusion of viable video game console alternative in the market to the non-comittal potential consumers.

Of course now that the PS3 is starting to lose to the 360 again on weekly basis, expect a shitstorm of "Is the PS3 supply constrained?", "When will the PS3 make its next big comeback?", "The PS4 will set things right!" and "ZOMFG the next big Sony exclusive!" threads using Sony's P.R. bravado as their backbone. When things are at their worst that's perhaps when its the most important for Sony to feign confidence.

Well, good thing the PS3 is in a better position this year than last!

This is true and its very good for Sony that things have improved as much as they have. However, at least for the Sony fandom, response to negative news is something that is contextualized by the immediate circumstances, not the long term progress of a product. It doesn't matter that Sony is doing far better than most could have hoped for last year, the fact that they've fallen beneath the 360 again after having reached such a comfortable assurance of second place is enough to send many into a panic... And not missing a beat Sony knows to counteract any set back their products face.

What did you all expect him to say that Sony is rubbish and everyone should get a wii60? Come on guys both M$ and Sony PR like this alot. Nintendo dont need to say anything. :)

He means ps3 will win over 360, no way of coming back to beat wii.

i have heard more stupid things like " xbox 360 will sell more consoles worlwide than ps3" im sure everyone knows who said that!