By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 starts selling= sony gets cocky again

Just normal PR really, but as time goes on i should think less and less people will believe it! Am not sure i believe ps3 will be around longer than its rivals either.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

Hm... Wouldn't PS3 want to get closer to the herd... since the herd is ahead of them... and way ahead of them.

If you could call 2 other consoles a heard.

Really more of a pack... and even then not really considering how far away the Wii is from the other two.

I don't give a crap what he says. All I noticed is that he looks like a Jewish Mel Gibson.

Onimusha12 said:
outlawauron said:
Onimusha12 said:
False Confidense is all Sony, or any company heavily involved in HD-gaming, has. It's p.r. bravado simple as that, a carefully orchestrated facade to be maintained at all times to keep the consumer from realizing the bottom is falling out from underneath the Video Game Industry for just about everyone but Nintendo.

Who wants to buy a product from a company that admits they're fucked? It's Sony's manufactured confidence that allows the consumer the fleeting illussion that they're not going anywhere and that the PS3 isn't the trainwreck that it is infact is trying to recover from.

Of course as you can in this thead, such bravado offers renewed strength to all the Sony faithfuls whose vocabularies now consist of such Tretton approved phrases as, "Future Proof, You're paying for potential, Sony doesn't buy exclusives they earn them..." But more importantly such announcements create the illusion of viable video game console alternative in the market to the non-comittal potential consumers.

Of course now that the PS3 is starting to lose to the 360 again on weekly basis, expect a shitstorm of "Is the PS3 supply constrained?", "When will the PS3 make its next big comeback?", "The PS4 will set things right!" and "ZOMFG the next big Sony exclusive!" threads using Sony's P.R. bravado as their backbone. When things are at their worst that's perhaps when its the most important for Sony to feign confidence.

Well, good thing the PS3 is in a better position this year than last!

This is true and its very good for Sony that things have improved as much as they have. However, at least for the Sony fandom, response to negative news is something that is contextualized by the immediate circumstances, not the long term progress of a product. It doesn't matter that Sony is doing far better than most could have hoped for last year, the fact that they've fallen beneath the 360 again after having reached such a comfortable assurance of second place is enough to send many into a panic... And not missing a beat Sony knows to counteract any set back their products face.

Eh, the WW race is not set. 360 isn't outdoing week end and week out.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

selnor said:
GTAIV08 said:
i have heard more stupid things like " xbox 360 will sell more consoles worlwide than ps3" im sure everyone knows who said that!

Ok, welcome. Just to point out to you the PS3 might come 2nd your right there. But to say people are stupid for saying that 360 will sell more is certainly foolish. Look at the homepage and remind us all of marketshare and current sales this week?

My point to you is that people have opinions, thats there right. If anything based on evidence I believe the 360 has the upper hand. Go easy on calling people stupid. Even if they are your opposite fanboys.

it was microsoft who said that. i think it was at E3 08

Around the Network

Yeah it's good to be cocky when your dead last on both console(PS3) and handheld(PSP).

RolStoppable said:
The Sony PR once again does a great job... at making people laugh. Can't say the same about Jerry Seinfeld.

Seinfeld is a genius.  Hold your tongue.

outlawauron said:
Onimusha12 said:
outlawauron said:
Onimusha12 said:
False Confidense is all Sony, or any company heavily involved in HD-gaming, has. It's p.r. bravado simple as that, a carefully orchestrated facade to be maintained at all times to keep the consumer from realizing the bottom is falling out from underneath the Video Game Industry for just about everyone but Nintendo.

Who wants to buy a product from a company that admits they're fucked? It's Sony's manufactured confidence that allows the consumer the fleeting illussion that they're not going anywhere and that the PS3 isn't the trainwreck that it is infact is trying to recover from.

Of course as you can in this thead, such bravado offers renewed strength to all the Sony faithfuls whose vocabularies now consist of such Tretton approved phrases as, "Future Proof, You're paying for potential, Sony doesn't buy exclusives they earn them..." But more importantly such announcements create the illusion of viable video game console alternative in the market to the non-comittal potential consumers.

Of course now that the PS3 is starting to lose to the 360 again on weekly basis, expect a shitstorm of "Is the PS3 supply constrained?", "When will the PS3 make its next big comeback?", "The PS4 will set things right!" and "ZOMFG the next big Sony exclusive!" threads using Sony's P.R. bravado as their backbone. When things are at their worst that's perhaps when its the most important for Sony to feign confidence.

Well, good thing the PS3 is in a better position this year than last!

This is true and its very good for Sony that things have improved as much as they have. However, at least for the Sony fandom, response to negative news is something that is contextualized by the immediate circumstances, not the long term progress of a product. It doesn't matter that Sony is doing far better than most could have hoped for last year, the fact that they've fallen beneath the 360 again after having reached such a comfortable assurance of second place is enough to send many into a panic... And not missing a beat Sony knows to counteract any set back their products face.

Eh, the WW race is not set. 360 isn't outdoing week end and week out.

Doesn't mean people still won't freak out at the slightest setback.

MikeB said:

Just sounds over confident and IMO a very not likely scenario, as much more so than as Microsoft's very unlikely future outlook for the 360.

*fixed

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
TheBigFatJ said:
Sony's MO is "make outrageous and vague promises, don't worry about delivering."

Microsoft's is "make shit that breaks, charge more for the full experience, and spew FUD about Sony promising but not delivering."

Seriously, do Steinberg's comments about big games ahead and the hardware being a little more future-proof than competitors' strike you as "outrageous and vague promises"?  Bullshit.

Note the underlined. They are the same thing.

I am defending neither Microsoft nor Sony.