By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 starts selling= sony gets cocky again

EdGuila said:
Well BD means the PS3 can take on ever expanding games for many years to come. The 360 is quickly running out of time, pushing HD graphics on DVDs. The fact that 360 will probably vanish after 4.5 years, just like it's predessecor which went "poof" after 4 years will leave consumers with the preception that the Xbox brand puts out consoles with very poor endurance. People will not like having to invest all their money (more than they would on a PS3, because the 360 has no accessories) only to be told 4 years later that their money is no good anymore. The Playstation brand has amazing endurance, we've already seen how long the PS1 and PS2 lasted. Anyone currently serious about buying a current-gen console should think twice, because I'd hate to be the one who spends $299 on a 360 only to turn around and be told I need $40 charger kit and $70 for Live and $100 for a network adapter only to have to dropped in 14 months and rebuy another console with no accessories or bonuses.

This rant is full of mis information.  Yes the xbox died a premature death but that does not mean the 360 will endure the same fate, also the 360 has BC so it did not abandon the xbox fans. 

You dont need a $40.00 charger kit??? What are you talking about

Live is $50.00 a year and on sale at Amazon for $40.00???

$100.00 for a network adapter??? Again I think you mean $100.00 for a wireless adapter which you dont have to have cause you can plug an ethernet cord directly into the back

You obvisouly have never seen or come near an xbox or even looked up one fact since your post is full of in accuarcies.  I am confident in 14 months I will be still playing and enjoying my 360.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

"HE" is a PR Rep.....his job is to add enthusiasm & optimism for HIS product.....the PS3

the guys doing a great job compared to Jack Tretton atleast

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

TheBigFatJ said:
Sony's MO is "make outrageous and vague promises, don't worry about delivering."

Microsoft's is "make shit that breaks, charge more for the full experience, and spew FUD about Sony promising but not delivering."

Seriously, do Steinberg's comments about big games ahead and the hardware being a little more future-proof than competitors' strike you as "outrageous and vague promises"?  Bullshit.

Legend11 said:
MikeB said:

Just sounds confident and IMO a very likely scenario, much more so than Microsoft's very unlikely future outlook for the 360.

Yeah the future for the 360 is very grim indeed...

http://www.gamedevresearch.com/2008-state-of-game-development-survey.htm

"- Of the surveyed console developers, which represent a notable cross-section of the entire industry, 73% are creating games for Xbox 360, 58% (including some of the same respondents) for the PlayStation 3, and 42% for the Wii - with 15% still creating games for the PlayStation 2. This implies that the greatest amount of Western console developers by sheer numbers are creating games for Microsoft's console - but due to team size differences, this doesn't necessarily imply that more games will appear on the Xbox 360 than other consoles."

Just because I hate the fact that you cherrypick...

nice fanboy try though

I don't see any reason why the 360 should have a shorter lifespan than PS3. Because Sony say it?

Around the Network

Agreed.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Supernova82 said:
PS3 will kick X360 is terms of console sales. The Sony Sales executive focuses on a PS3 Versus X360 war. He dismisses the existence of the Wii.

Did you notice the “s” in “competitors”? That means more than one. But then if he did mean what you said it would be so they wouldn’t look small in front of the Wii.

OMG Wii and 360 are doomed!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Stillwell said:
I don't see any reason why the 360 should have a shorter lifespan than PS3. Because Sony say it?

They can say because they have a history of supporting their platforms for a long period of time versus the disbanding MS did with the Xbox.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

First off, this article is from 2007..

Secound off, mr flamebate man

He is talking about the technology in the console.

mM

False Confidense is all Sony, or any company heavily involved in HD-gaming, has. It's p.r. bravado simple as that, a carefully orchestrated facade to be maintained at all times to keep the consumer from realizing the bottom is falling out from underneath the Video Game Industry for just about everyone but Nintendo.

Who wants to buy a product from a company that admits they're fucked? It's Sony's manufactured confidence that allows the consumer the fleeting illussion that they're not going anywhere and that the PS3 isn't the trainwreck that it is infact is trying to recover from.

Of course as you can in this thead, such bravado offers renewed strength to all the Sony faithfuls whose vocabularies now consist of such Tretton approved phrases as, "Future Proof, You're paying for potential, Sony doesn't buy exclusives they earn them..." But more importantly such announcements create the illusion of viable video game console alternative in the market to the non-comittal potential consumers.

Of course now that the PS3 is starting to lose to the 360 again on weekly basis, expect a shitstorm of "Is the PS3 supply constrained?", "When will the PS3 make its next big comeback?", "10 year plan!", "The PS4 will set things right!" and "ZOMFG the next big Sony exclusive!" threads using Sony's P.R. bravado as their backbone. When things are at their worst that's perhaps when its the most important for Sony to feign confidence.