By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 starts selling= sony gets cocky again

Read his title and everything is clear.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

Around the Network

Jesus.... READ THIS:

SCEA’s VP of product marketing Scott Steinberg

Again, VP of product MARKETING.

It's his freakin job to hype up his product. Stop personifying Sony CORPORATION as if it was a living breathing human being like you and me. This is what corporations do. Sony can't be "cocky" b/c Sony isn't a person. Stop paying attention to what the MARKETING guy says and focus on what products (i.e. games and features) that Sony is producing. That's all that really matters. Judge Sony based on that. [/rant]

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Supernova82 said:
Wetcoaster said:
Supernova82 said:
PS3 will kick X360 is terms of console sales. The Sony Sales executive focuses on a PS3 Versus X360 war. He dismisses the existence of the Wii.

But if that's the case he wouldn't have said herd.

I've never heard of a herd of one. Unless he really is that stupid.

Oh, Steinberg. You make me laugh. =D

you could not refer to a herd as two either. lol

Haha, very true.

What the hell is this guy smoking? o.O

XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Well he IS the VP of product marketing. Can't really get on him about that.

Around the Network

its safe to say that microsofts PR is the exact same....heck all PR, especially PR of marketing, like hype up their products like its all that and a bag of chips. so if i wanted to step down to your lvl i can get a microsoft statement and post a thread titled "xbox360 sales = microsoft more cocky than ever"

ps - isnt only natural for one to be cocky when one does something great?

Well BD means the PS3 can take on ever expanding games for many years to come. The 360 is quickly running out of time, pushing HD graphics on DVDs. The fact that 360 will probably vanish after 4.5 years, just like it's predessecor which went "poof" after 4 years will leave consumers with the preception that the Xbox brand puts out consoles with very poor endurance. People will not like having to invest all their money (more than they would on a PS3, because the 360 has no accessories) only to be told 4 years later that their money is no good anymore. The Playstation brand has amazing endurance, we've already seen how long the PS1 and PS2 lasted. Anyone currently serious about buying a current-gen console should think twice, because I'd hate to be the one who spends $299 on a 360 only to turn around and be told I need $40 charger kit and $70 for Live and $100 for a network adapter only to have to dropped in 14 months and rebuy another console with no accessories or bonuses.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.

Xen said:
Don't mind Steinberg... that's not the only stupid statement he made. See what he thinks about the Wii.

^This.

Marketing doesn´t necessarily mean stupid statements, but people like him sure make it seem that way.

Oh I just love marketing people. Anyone see a bit of Squill in this guy?

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

well microsoft always said these things as well. both of them are cocky so wat i dun care i just wanna enjoy my games :D