By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This gen console war is over

I'll say this;

If MS is determined to be 2nd - at any expense - Sony can't stop them. MS can continue to bleed billions to make it happen Sony can't.

All other things being equal Sony should take 2nd IMO but it'll be a long hard road for them.

Around the Network
xboxfanboy said:

1.wii

2.xbox 360

3.ps3

This gen console war is over. The 360 just about set there 2 place in stone which means that this war is over. I know there going to be a s*** load  of people telling me I'am wrong but unless sony wants to drop the price and keep losing money to try to catch up to ms which they will not  there no real way they can make a comeback. I not saying it will not be close but right now sony need to focus on making money but all that dosn't matter. What matters is how nintendo came for last to wiping the floor with M$ & Sony. The only problem with nintendo is all there new fans are not fan boys and next gen they pick  the one  with the new thing on it or whatever. If you look at how the ps2 fans spilt the same thing can happen to nintendo

Pathetic post. Have a look at a world map and you will see that life exists outside of America.

The PS3 has a much bigger sales potential than the 360.

The PS3 has a better lineup for this holiday season.

The PS3 will have a better online for FREE with Home this year.

The PS3 has a better brand name.

The PS3 has a better hardware reliability reputation.

That leaves the 360 with a price advantage. Last gen a console called the Gamecube had a price advantage and it didn't even get to second place.

First place its already done, second place far from over.

Yeah, this post is pretty pathetic.

Right now, the Xbox is in a strong position. That can't be argued. But we have YEARS to go.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

ya, wii won. but second place is still in debate

slimeattack said:

That leaves the 360 with a price advantage. Last gen a console called the Gamecube had a price advantage and it didn't even get to second place.

I'd say it has a more well known brand name.. How could you say it has a better brand name? The leader of this gen is called Wii, although I'm sure you meant more well known

slimeattack said:

Everything but the bolded part is either an opinion, speculation, or outright lies.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

360 > ps3 is becoming a trend in WW.

Wii may win the console war and sell the most because of casuals buying the system. But PS3 will have the best games and is the best console of this generation due to its more advanced console and it has the best graphics to be seen in console games.