By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This gen console war is over

I'm surprised this thread is still open.

This much fail in a thread an it's still unlocked?

Around the Network
Supernova82 said:
Wii mnay win the console war and sell the most because of casuals buying the system. But PS3 will have the best games and is the best console of this generation due to its more advanced console.

Now to play the other side of this debate... I have yet to see a shooter better than HL2 on a console and Valve is releasing L4D this winter. That plus Blizzard's new RTS and RPG will guarantee that the best games are on the PC. Also as it was pointed previously, the Wii has been out for 2 years and no one saw it as a success before then. Wait until titles purely made for the Wii start popping up.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

slimeattack said:
The PS3 has a much bigger sales potential than the 360.

The PS3 has a better lineup for this holiday season.

The PS3 will have a better online for FREE with Home this year.

The PS3 has a better brand name.

The PS3 has a better hardware reliability reputation.

That leaves the 360 with a price advantage. Last gen a console called the Gamecube had a price advantage and it didn't even get to second place.

I just wanted to note, lineup for holidays is all relative. Personally the games for all systems(wii included) that are coming past this point in time aren't exciting me >. I also wanted to note, Gamecube had a horse power AND price advantage and didn't make it somehow ; ;

vlad321 said:
Supernova82 said:
Wii mnay win the console war and sell the most because of casuals buying the system. But PS3 will have the best games and is the best console of this generation due to its more advanced console.

Now to play the other side of this debate... I have yet to see a shooter better than HL2 on a console and Valve is releasing L4D this winter. That plus Blizzard's new RTS and RPG will guarantee that the best games are on the PC. Also as it was pointed previously, the Wii has been out for 2 years and no one saw it as a success before then. Wait until titles purely made for the Wii start popping up.

PC is not a console. So you fail with your argument. PC's can be upgraded every 6 months if you have the money to burn. Consoles remain with the same specs for theri entire 6 or 7 year lifespan. so it is not a fair comparison using PC versus console.

TruckOSaurus said:
Bruce on Games is that you?

You really think Bruce would have the Wii in first?

Around the Network
Supernova82 said:
vlad321 said:
Supernova82 said:

PC is not a console. So you fail with your argument. PC's can be upgraded every 6 months if you have the money to burn. Consoles remain with the same specs for theri entire 6 or 7 year lifespan. so it is not a fair comparison using PC versus console.

My post was geared more towards your wii hate but alright then.

No Blizzard game pushes your computer so if you can play L4D on your computer you will be ale to play SC2 and D3. So even if tech for the PC stood still the games would still be better.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

1. DS

2. Wii

3. PSP

4. 360 or PS3 ?

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Supernova82 said:

Wii may win the console war and sell the most because of casuals buying the system. But PS3 will have the best games and is the best console of this generation due to its more advanced console and it has the best graphics to be seen in console games.

Newsflash, both Gamecube and Xbox were advanced compared to the PS2.

Having a faster processor and shinier graphics won't mean the games are better. Most developers didn't support Wii initially writing it off. The funny thing is you've seemingly written it off even though a "AAA" game generally takes between 2 & 5 years to produce. By my math we should see some decent support and I dare say it's already showing a bit in 2009.

I by no means think the PS3 is a bad system I'm simply stating just because YOU personally like it doesn't mean it'll have the most or best games in public view. I'd also love to point out PS2 had a LOT of casual games as did PS1, casual and core can coexist.

So, somehow XBoxs' fanboys are full of honour, but Nintendo's are fickle? To paraphrase an old internet meme, you fail.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
vlad321 said:
Supernova82 said:
vlad321 said:
Supernova82 said:

My post was geared more towards your wii hate but alright then.

No Blizzard game pushes your computer so if you can play L4D on your computer you will be ale to play SC2 and D3. So even if tech for the PC stood still the games would still be better.

Where did I state I hated the Wii I used facts. Wii sells most to casual market and that explains it selling to every man and his dog. I never said anything bad about the Wii in that post. More people who buy a console means obviously more sales.

Winning console in terms of sales = Wii.
Winning console in terms of best games and graphics = PS3
Winning console for best  online play = Wii and PS3 because it is $0 charge.
Winning console in terms of controller = Wii for motion control.
Winning console in regards to most reliable hardware = PS3 with 99.98% reliability. Wii close with 98.5% reliability