By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 to take #1 Holiday spot

PS3 will do extremely well, but the fact remains that despite its lack of games, many people are willing to buy the Wii.
I think it'll be second in sales, and will pass the Xbox 360 in total sales at latest 1st January 2010.

In that poll we had a while back, I voted that PS3 would be at 20 mil by Jan 1st, with 360 at 23 mil. I'm beginning to think the 360 will be less- look what the 'price cut' managed to achieve

In a fair world, Wii would be far behind. But life isn't fair, so in holiday sales:

1) Wii
2) PS3
3) X360.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Jackson50 said:
obieslut said:

ok then, so been as you obviosuly seen the data for the upcoming xmas period and came back from the future just to tell me i am wrong, can you please tell me how bluray players are doing, just wondering. because if bluray players are doing well and IF and thats IF the ps3 is the best selling bluray player then why would it not outsell the Wii.

I just finished going into the future on my time machine and guess what...the PS3 did not outsell the Wii.

Can I borrow it I want to know who wins the AFL Grand final this weekend. GO HAWKS

OT only a complete Sony fanboy could write something like this and only a complete Sony fanboy could agree with it. Wii will thump it without working up a sweat.

We are reading an article from PS3 Addiction an unbiased source? There is no way PS3 comes in number one at Christmas unless they drop the price to $250.00. WII will be number one, 360 will be number 2 and at he current price PS3 will be number three.

Next Christmas may be a different story

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I believe a PS3 Fanboy site praising the PS3.

Normally those are right.

They have good line-up but take 1 spot guess not.

Around the Network

Since all three major consoles flooded the market in 2006, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have done there best

Right THERE is where I stopped reading.  If a publication can't properly check THEIR work for grammar and spelling, it's not worth the read.

@Kantor
By a "fair world", do you mean a world where the consumer is not able to buy what he wants?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

I found two things really funny:
1. Sony tries to copy Live as much as it can, but keeps it free.
2. Multiplatform titles count only when they're PS3 versions.

1. So admitting that Live is better is going to boost PS3 sales.
2. And ignoring the other versions is just plain stupidity.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

The chances of Sarah Palin being the next president of the US are bigger than the PS3 being the best sold game system coming holiday season.

You really have to be completely blind to not see that the Wii will completely crash the PS3 in sales.
If Sony doesn't cut the price I also think that 360 will, at least in the US, beat the PS3 quite easily.

s-grandi93 said:
if ps3 was the price of the 360 the ps3 would snap the wii and 360 : ). but with how the ps3 is now i rekon it wont rival wii but it will comfortably outsell 360.... how come so many people are assuming that the 360 will 'for some reason' beat ps3 in the holiday season when the 360 gets beaten worldwide by ps3 nearly all year??

Even at the price of the 360, the PS3 wouldn't beat the Wii's sales this Christmas. They are not producing enough units to match the Wii production so they can't sell more if they can't make more.

Signature goes here!