By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 to take #1 Holiday spot

I stopped reading this so-called article when I saw the word 'funnest'.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Uhh, doubt it. It has a great line up, but so does the 360. The Wii doesn't need a great line up, people love the motion control thing so that is going to sell regardless.

Godot said:
Smashed said:
Phrancheyez said:
#1? Not a chance...no one will out-pace the Wii, and if the PS3 doesn't see a price cut, it'll take 3rd. And unfortunately for them, probably by quite a bit.

And I'm an alleged 'PS3 fanboy.' Or something.

Wii doesn't have much of a great game exclusive lineup though, neither does xbox 360 if you think of it.

nor does the PS3 when you think even more about it.

The PS3 doesn't have a great exclusive lineup?  What are you talking about?  I'm honestly baffled by this comment.  I think you wandered into the wrong thread or something...or the wrong forums altogether.  You must have meant to post that in another thread.  That must be it.

Phrancheyez said:
The problem is a lot of the people buying the consoles aren't as informed as you or I. They're going to buy a $200 XBOX 360, then the guy at GameStop is going to say, 'You should get a hard drive so that you can save games and not have to worry about a memory card. And if you get online, you can download all kinds of things with it!' So they buy a hard drive for $100 or whatever. Then they're going to ask if it comes with wireless, and the guy at GameStop is going to say, 'No ma'am, but we have the adapter right here!' Then they're going to have to buy their kid a game, so tack on another $60. Then they're going to have to pay for XBOX Live, so tack on another $50.

When it's all said and done, even at $200, the PS3 has much more value over the 360. But most consumers aren't seeing that. They don't look for specs..they just see that 'Hey, this system is only $200 and it has a lot of the same games as this one for $400.' They don't look at WHY the other system is $400, or how much it's going to cost them when it's all said and done to get that $200 system up to par.

The people buying these systems are moms and dads and grandparents and uncles and aunts who know nothing about gaming or video game consoles. If everyone was as informed as us, they might pick the PS3. Some would still pick the 360, but the PS3 being $400 would make sense to a lot more people.

Except that on par is precisey $200 for at least a third of potential customers who won't go online and won't play a Blu Ray disk for at least a few more years for a variety of reasons. You can't sell ice to an eskimo nor can you sell heated seats to a Californian.

Tease.

thekitchensink said:

Your post is the only one with the word in it, unless someone edited it out?  Hmm..

Around the Network

Got to love the inconsistency of the last sentence of this opinion piece

But we have to say, the PS3 will dominate the holiday in sales equalling, if not surpassing Wii and 360 in sales, making it the console of choice for gamers the world over.

If it dominates -- it does more than equal.

Fanboys struggle with common thought processes.

Basically, it will be PS3 vs. Xbox 360 for HD sales ... and second place to the Wii (third to the DS and Wii for those who count handhelds in with consoles).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

NO it will most liky finish third behind the 360 becuase of price cut

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Squilliam said:
Phrancheyez said:
The problem is a lot of the people buying the consoles aren't as informed as you or I. They're going to buy a $200 XBOX 360, then the guy at GameStop is going to say, 'You should get a hard drive so that you can save games and not have to worry about a memory card. And if you get online, you can download all kinds of things with it!' So they buy a hard drive for $100 or whatever. Then they're going to ask if it comes with wireless, and the guy at GameStop is going to say, 'No ma'am, but we have the adapter right here!' Then they're going to have to buy their kid a game, so tack on another $60. Then they're going to have to pay for XBOX Live, so tack on another $50.

When it's all said and done, even at $200, the PS3 has much more value over the 360. But most consumers aren't seeing that. They don't look for specs..they just see that 'Hey, this system is only $200 and it has a lot of the same games as this one for $400.' They don't look at WHY the other system is $400, or how much it's going to cost them when it's all said and done to get that $200 system up to par.

The people buying these systems are moms and dads and grandparents and uncles and aunts who know nothing about gaming or video game consoles. If everyone was as informed as us, they might pick the PS3. Some would still pick the 360, but the PS3 being $400 would make sense to a lot more people.

Except that on par is precisey $200 for at least a third of potential customers who won't go online and won't play a Blu Ray disk for at least a few more years for a variety of reasons. You can't sell ice to an eskimo nor can you sell heated seats to a Californian.

This is true.  This just reinforces my idealogy that 360 will unfortunately beat PS3 this holiday season.

Though, a californian might buy a heated toilet seat...hey hey?  Ok maybe not a lot of them..

BWA HA HA!!

PS3 outsell the Wii this holidays? dream on.

PS3 outsell the 360? My guess would be yes (hardware) but who knows, it might even end up 3rd

thekitchensink said:

You should go back and finish reading it. It is absolutely histerical how poorly written it is. I really don't know how anyone can take this article seriously.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229