By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 to take #1 Holiday spot

it all depends how big a factor bluray is and if the ps3 is going to be the top selling bluray player

Around the Network
oxford-gamer said:
I'm pretty sure Wii will still be on top of the charts come January 1st.

I mean, what can compare against Wii Music? this game will have abnormally long legs, I guarantee it.

besides, xbox has Fable 2 and GeoW 2. It won't be easy beating that, alongside their recent price cut.

Wii music, i don't see it doing that great.. I gaurentee you, fable and geow2 will not be a system seller.

The problem is a lot of the people buying the consoles aren't as informed as you or I. They're going to buy a $200 XBOX 360, then the guy at GameStop is going to say, 'You should get a hard drive so that you can save games and not have to worry about a memory card. And if you get online, you can download all kinds of things with it!' So they buy a hard drive for $100 or whatever. Then they're going to ask if it comes with wireless, and the guy at GameStop is going to say, 'No ma'am, but we have the adapter right here!' Then they're going to have to buy their kid a game, so tack on another $60. Then they're going to have to pay for XBOX Live, so tack on another $50.

When it's all said and done, even at $200, the PS3 has much more value over the 360. But most consumers aren't seeing that. They don't look for specs..they just see that 'Hey, this system is only $200 and it has a lot of the same games as this one for $400.' They don't look at WHY the other system is $400, or how much it's going to cost them when it's all said and done to get that $200 system up to par.

The people buying these systems are moms and dads and grandparents and uncles and aunts who know nothing about gaming or video game consoles. If everyone was as informed as us, they might pick the PS3. Some would still pick the 360, but the PS3 being $400 would make sense to a lot more people.

Soriku said:
In terms of what?

Games? That depends on opinion. Sales? Not a chance. It'll probably outsell the 360 though, but not the Wii obviously.

dont be so confident

obieslut said:
Soriku said:
In terms of what?

Games? That depends on opinion. Sales? Not a chance. It'll probably outsell the 360 though, but not the Wii obviously.

dont be so confident

Dont be so damn blind.

@CGI-Quality
What exactly do you mean on a different field?

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:
obieslut said:
Soriku said:
In terms of what?

dont be so confident

Dont be so damn blind.

@CGI-Quality
What exactly do you mean on a different field?

ok then, so been as you obviosuly seen the data for the upcoming xmas period and came back from the future just to tell me i am wrong, can you please tell me how bluray players are doing, just wondering. because if bluray players are doing well and IF and thats IF the ps3 is the best selling bluray player then why would it not outsell the Wii.

Dude..seriously, outsell the Wii? What are you smoking? I love the Playstation 3 and all..but you're addicted.

Oh jeez..now we have to stage an intervention. Who's going to take him out for the day so we can get the family together and the cameras set up?

BWA HA HA!!

PS3 outsell the Wii this holidays? dream on.

PS3 outsell the 360? My guess would be yes (hardwar

no

1 - Wii
2 - xbox 360 and PS3 will fight this one out.

Smashed said:
Phrancheyez said:
#1? Not a chance...no one will out-pace the Wii, and if the PS3 doesn't see a price cut, it'll take 3rd. And unfortunately for them, probably by quite a bit.

And I'm an alleged 'PS3 fanboy.' Or something.

Wii doesn't have much of a great game exclusive lineup though, neither does xbox 360 if you think of it.

nor does the PS3 when you think even more about it.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...