By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 to take #1 Holiday spot

shams said:
Its more likely to take the "#1 last" spot than anything else. It will be outsold by the PSP, DS, Wii, PS2 (possibly) - and maybe even the 360.

"The 360 & PS3 ran a 100m sprint - the 360 came first, the PS3 second.
Sony reported than the PS3 came in 2nd, and the 360 came in 2nd last"

Its obvious that you hate Sony.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
PS3 will do extremely well, but the fact remains that despite its lack of games, many people are willing to buy the Wii.
I think it'll be second in sales, and will pass the Xbox 360 in total sales at latest 1st January 2010.

In that poll we had a while back, I voted that PS3 would be at 20 mil by Jan 1st, with 360 at 23 mil. I'm beginning to think the 360 will be less- look what the 'price cut' managed to achieve

In a fair world, Wii would be far behind. But life isn't fair, so in holiday sales:

1) Wii
2) PS3
3) X360.

Lmao!  

"Many people are willing to buy the Wii" followed by "in a fair world, Wii would be far behind" is classic.  Games is one thing the Wii does not lack.  Have you checked the charts lately?  Whether or not you like them is a matter of opinion.  

OT: DS #1, Wii #2, ???#3.  I will leave the 3rd spot up for grabs.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

BengaBenga said:
starcraft said:
BengaBenga said:
The chances of Sarah Palin being the next president of the US are bigger than the PS3 being the best sold game system coming holiday season.

You really have to be completely blind to not see that the Wii will completely crash the PS3 in sales.
If Sony doesn't cut the price I also think that 360 will, at least in the US, beat the PS3 quite easily.

Anyone that has closely examined Obama's policies knows he is unelectable and McCain is six breaths from depth.

Find a better analogy.

Don't want to disturb you here, but Obama will most likely win and in case McCain dies in the coming weeks I think it's absolutely certain that there won't be enough Americans stupid enough to elect Sarah Palin president as the #1 on the ticket.

Oh I don't know, a bit of the shine has come off Obama since the media stopped giving him a free ride.

Isn't he actually behind in a few polls now?

And my understanding of US elections is that the Presidential election occurs in November, but the President (or elected VP, if the President dies) is sworn in in January.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

considering America is on the verge of a huge recession and the biggest credit crisis in almost 100 years, I doubt the most expensive console with the smallest library and smallest amount of exclusives will be number 1.

PS3 will beat 360 IMO. Wii will outsell both. But PS3 will do Extremely well for $399 System. WW Im talking.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
BengaBenga said:
starcraft said:
BengaBenga said:
The chances of Sarah Palin being the next president of the US are bigger than the PS3 being the best sold game system coming holiday season.

You really have to be completely blind to not see that the Wii will completely crash the PS3 in sales.
If Sony doesn't cut the price I also think that 360 will, at least in the US, beat the PS3 quite easily.

Anyone that has closely examined Obama's policies knows he is unelectable and McCain is six breaths from depth.

Find a better analogy.

Don't want to disturb you here, but Obama will most likely win and in case McCain dies in the coming weeks I think it's absolutely certain that there won't be enough Americans stupid enough to elect Sarah Palin president as the #1 on the ticket.

Oh I don't know, a bit of the shine has come off Obama since the media stopped giving him a free ride.

Isn't he actually behind in a few polls now?

And my understanding of US elections is that the Presidential election occurs in November, but the President (or elected VP, if the President dies) is sworn in in January.

Actuallt Obama is ahead by about 5 points in most polls, but more importantly has much more possibilities of winning the electoral vote. If he doesn't screw up in the debates and no terrorist attack hits the US, Obama will be president, especially since he has way more payed staff and volunteers in most battleground states. Plus a lot of the polls underestimate the youth vote, which is predominantly behind Obama.