By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Secret Hit taken out on Sony's PLAYSTATION 3!

Garcian Smith said:
Shadowblind said:

There won;t be for long, cuz Micro$$$$$$$$$$$$$oft is trying to sue them too! They want to kill the MOON!!!

But in all honestly, can you really say that you believe this? Because its kinda funny if its a joke but if your serious...dude...get out more. Theres really more productive things you could be doing with your time then thinking up conspiracy theories.

MIKKKRO$$$$HAFT IS SCREWING US AGAIN!!!

Seriously though, if oyu've seen FC3000's other posts, you should know that this guy has no life. He's an adult who works at Gamestop, posts long-winded crackpot conspiracy theories on Internet message boards, and thinks Final Fantasy 7 is high art.

Insults...No point of doing such things.

Around the Network

People should need a license to sue others, seriously this is getting way out of hand for no reason at all.

NFGBlinkAC said:
People should need a license to sue others, seriously this is getting way out of hand for no reason at all.

I like this idea. We should require people tke some kind of exam so we can set the bar a little higher. We could even call it the Bar exam, or just the Bar for short. Then the people who passed it could get a firm relationship with each other and create companies that decide what suits are worth acting on.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
NFGBlinkAC said:

I like this idea. We should require people tke some kind of exam so we can set the bar a little higher. We could even call it the Bar exam, or just the Bar for short. Then the people who passed it could get a firm relationship with each other and create companies that decide what suits are worth acting on.

The exam will probably get sued... no wait... it WILL be sued.. in America.. xD

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

@forevercloud, nintendos rumble works in a very difrent way, aand has its own patents, they were never a target. and MS bought part of immersion too avoid having to pay royalties in the setlment, only a lump sum.

and if your not familiar with sco, lawsuits can be about money...

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Stuff like this happens to everything that I like......

SONY
PLaystation
Invader Zim [cancelled]
Eminen [Sued a few times]
Nintendo

I need to check to see how many law suits and cancellations have went against other things I like....

Disturbed
Ice Cream
Boobs
Gungrave
Dave Chappelle
My Penis.....

Who knows D=

4 ≈ One

Oh my God ForeverCloud stop saying it...

The immortal aliens bunkered up in Area 51 will come and get you !!!!!

Just make sure the tin foil hat is a snug fit and you have at least 500 wire coathangers always sellotaped to the ceiling.

Oh and do us all a favour - Never ever leave home again.

Dgc1808 said:
Stuff like this happens to everything that I like......

SONY
PLaystation
Invader Zim [cancelled]
Eminen [Sued a few times]
Nintendo

I need to check to see how many law suits and cancellations have went against other things I like....

Disturbed
Ice Cream
Boobs
Gungrave
Dave Chappelle
My Penis.....

Who knows D=

That made me sad =(

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

scottie said:
There's no consiparcy.

As to the weird timing of the lawsuits, people waited till the PS3 started selling better before they sued Sony, to maximise how much they could settle for.

A similar example is about a year ago, Ninty got sued for their classic and gamecube controllers. Why not sue 5 years ago? because the GC wasn't worth as much as the Wii is.

People sue left right and centre purely out of greed, not because MS is out to get Sony

PS I own a Wii, mac and a Xubuntu laptop, and even I think you're being too harsh on MS

So they wait until Sony is losing money to sue them rather than to sue during the peak of the PS2.

They sue Sony over Madden when Nintendo is the money machine? Or how about Microsoft, the company with a bottomless wallet?

If you actually think about it, the OP has a point, some of these lawsuits just don't seem right, especially if they are "purely out of greed"

NiKKoM said:

Microsoft served with Xbox 360 lawsuit
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/2007-07-10-2733138661_x.htm

Lawsuit targets Xbox 360 console
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4502572.stm

Lucent sues Microsoft in Xbox 360 patent clash
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/04/05/lucent_sues_microsoft/

Nintendo Slapped with DS Patent Lawsuit
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53520

I bet Apple is behind this... Yeah Apple just wants to take over Gaming... when there's no one left they will come..

The first two have to due with hardware malfunctions, which in my opinion is justified, maybe not the money they want but the suit itself is justified. Microsoft knows the 360 has problems and didn't try fixing it for quite some time, and still has not fixed it. I think it's perfectly fine to sue the company after going through 5 360's and a library of scratched discs (dramatization not actual lawsuit).

As for the third, that lawsuit started with the original Xbox and has moved along, again plausible and acceptable in my mind, and would not be considered a stupid lawsuit.

However the fourth is dumb.

I'm not saying that MS is behind Sony getting sued, I'm just saying Sony seems to get stuck with all the dumbest lawsuits.