By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bandai-Namco - Majority of today’s software will be forgotton

disagree....

I will never forget:

MGS4, SMG

those 2 games this gen will never be possibly forgotten by me

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Think it's true in a sense. Back then games were basically just getting started, so it was relatively easy to be fresh and innovative, both relative to existing games or just in general since gaming was limited then too.

Plus, due to the simpler technologies and lower expectations, it was a bit harder to mess things up royally, if only because there was less to mess up.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Why can't anyone understand that you can have graphics and gameplay.

With games like these, who are they to judge?

I think the piles of low budget shovelware will be far more quickly forgotten than bid budget games such as Gears of War, Super Mario Galaxy, or Grand Theft Auto 4. Besides, the reason so many old games are remembered is because most of the nostalgic fanboys of today started, well, guess when? Not last thursday, but rather...the days of the NES and SNES! Or perhaps even earlier. Not only that, but with budgets the way they are, the amount of ridiculously niche or bold games with little potential to sell are going to fall drastically. Some of those games (Crue Ball comes to mind) are remembered simply for their wackiness. I'm sure that the millions of casual gamers who started this generation with the DS and Nintendogs will be looking back several generations from now, marveling at just how awesome and simple that Wii Sports game was.

tombi123 said:

because games are never innovative if there are grfx n gameplay.....oh an grfx make games "less fun" :)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@tombi123

Because nowadays, the first thing devs mention concerning their games is graphical appeal. No one discussed Killzone 2 gameplay for months. The only discussion was of it's graphics.

I only use Killzone 2 as example.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

You are wrong Soriku. Everything that is popular in a generation is popular forever. Look at Sonic, Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Need fo Speed, Megaman, Dynasty Warriors, Doom,Pac Man, Pitfall, Jak and Daxter, Donkey Kong. None of these series lost steam. They are as popular and relevant as the year they were released.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

tombi123 said:

Becuase its not a wii game

On topic:

MGS4 will not be forgotten, you can count on that.

mM

You know, this is kinda off topic but...

In Soriku's sig: "Will perform sexual favours for KH3 NAO!"

With him being 13, doesn't this make him kind of a jailbait?

and um.. on topic... NES rocks?

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

SaviorX said:
@tombi123

Because nowadays, the first thing devs mention concerning their games is graphical appeal. No one discussed Killzone 2 gameplay for months. The only discussion was of it's graphics.

I only use Killzone 2 as example.

when was the last time you read any Killzone 2 hands-on?

if ever?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)