By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bandai-Namco - Majority of today’s software will be forgotton

He said most not all, I cant disagree with such a reasonable guy.

@Montana

We Ski was actually really good, will it be forgotten in 20 years, I really don't know.. but who would remember low budget crap like Pong 20 years down the road.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
disagree....

I will never forget:

MGS4, SMG

those 2 games this gen will never be possibly forgotten by me

The original post said "more than half" so stating two games really isn't disagreeing.

@ Tombi: "Why can't anyone understand that you can have graphics and gameplay."

Possibility one is that they are stupid.

Possibility two is that they are ignorant.

Ultimately, the argument is ridiculous. Most games with great gameplay have great graphics (relative to the power of the console) and vice versa, which is really rather intuitive.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

Ahh Picko it would of been easier to just have said: "The way your relating graphics is subjective."

That would sum it up, but nicely put adding relativity to the mix.

Sadly he was definative on his statement that they would be big budget games, so I'm assuming hes saying most PC/PS3/Xbox360 games and games like Red Steel (Wii to be fair) would be forgoten. The only response to this is no shit, most people don't remember half the games of the 80's and 90's only a few gems stick out, others are just in the back of our minds. To make such memories active would be a huge waste of time.

I personally don't want graphics to go any further than they are now, I just don't need them to, if they do then fine but oh well that's just me.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Actually, despite their right to judge or not, they're absolutely right. Bioshock won't be remembered like LttP. Older games hold a nostalgia that new games can't overcome, no matter how good they are. The first of something is always the most fondly remembered. Them's the breaks.

MGS4, no matter how great, ain't gonna be remembered like Duck Hunt, lol. You're kidding yourselves, really.

Well what about all the new gamers whose first game was something from this gen?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

dib8rman said:
He said most not all, I cant disagree with such a reasonable guy.

@Montana

We Ski was actually really good, will it be forgotten in 20 years, I really don't know.. but who would remember low budget crap like Pong 20 years down the road.

I'm sure it was a good game, but it's not a quality game that will be remembered for years. It will surely be forgotten by the time it vanishes from the sales charts.

Around the Network

well any mario zelda mgs FF DX will never be forgotten.

games for ps3 that will not be forgotten that are already released

lair, for being so bad.
MGS4 do i need to say more
R&C because of it being a trilogy
Uncharted for being the first beautiful games to hit the ps3.
GT5PROLOGUE, just for having the name Gran turismo.

Gears 1
Halo 3, just for being halo
sorry my mind is blank, cant think of any other 360 games never mind ones that will be remembered.

Wii

Wiisports
Wiifit
SMG
SMK Wii

SaviorX said:
@tombi123

Because nowadays, the first thing devs mention concerning their games is graphical appeal. No one discussed Killzone 2 gameplay for months. The only discussion was of it's graphics.

I only use Killzone 2 as example.

Because the first released when a game is first announced isnt the gameplay thats why. Concept art/trailers always come before actual gameplay videos, so its pretty obvious they'd be discussed first.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

I actually agree with this assessment. Also he said at least half so that doesn't mean all ok. But seriously, most developers are always mentioning graphics and how this or that will wow you instead of what actually makes the game fun. I do believe graphics and fun can go together based on a number of games I've played but it isn't often the case let's be honest. There a lot of games that people can't admit are not classics and try to shove them down everyone's throat like its the best thing they have ever played when we've played them on PC already. Shooters ahem

Mario Kart Wii - 4983-6029-9877

Wii code- 4257-3204-4481-2949

I think this is Namco-Bandai's way of saying they make shitty games. They had a lot of good ones last gen, but their offerings have been sub-par so far, with the only things worth mentioning being Ace Combat 6, Eternal Sonata, and Soul Calibur 4.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Somehow, I don't think that he was including Super Mario Galaxy in the half that's going to be forgotten.

Just a hunch.