By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bandai-Namco - Majority of today’s software will be forgotton

The only game on consoles from this generation that I expect to be remembered 20 years from now is Wii Sports. Not Super Mario Galaxy, not Metroid Prime 3, not Metal Gear Solid, not Gears of War.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
I think this is Namco-Bandai's way of saying they make shitty games. They had a lot of good ones last gen, but their offerings have been sub-par so far, with the only things worth mentioning being Ace Combat 6, Eternal Sonata, and Soul Calibur 4.

Vesperia says hi.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Bodhesatva said:

The only game on consoles from this generation that I expect to be remembered 20 years from now is Wii Sports. Not Super Mario Galaxy, not Metroid Prime 3, not Metal Gear Solid, not Gears of War.

I dunno. I might make an argument for Wii Fit.

I will remember Wii sports even though I didn't like it much. I will also remember... hm... Mario Kart DS... *sigh*

people will remember MGS1 more tahn they will MGS4..as for SMG same thing..they'd remember Super Mario Bros more than SMG

I won't ever forget ToS..it was my first Tales *took my virginity!*

Around the Network

I am sorry, but I have always thought that the Tales RPG's were kind of second-string RPG's. The Xenosaga series is way better.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
I am sorry, but I have always thought that the Tales RPG's were kind of second-string RPG's. The Xenosaga series is way better.

Tell me which Tales games you have played.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I don't think many people want to understand this thread..because they love being ignorant..

it's just the truth..

few good games WILL be remembered 20 years from now..

definitely Wiisports and Wiifit

as for the rest...not so sure..I can say all Nintendo characters, but that's mostly because of the Smash Bros Series..wich will probably continue into infinity..

and it's a Nintendo Museum anyway XD

I agree with the OP. This entire generation thus far has been more of an enhancement from the last two gens than a true revolution like the introduction into 3D gaming or some of the huge changes made to well known franchises like the Metroid series.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Shadowblind said:
akuma587 said:

Tell me which Tales games you have played.

Tales of Phantasia on SNES and Tales of Symphonia on GC.  I don't think the games are bad by any means, I just think it is a pretty small time franchise and that there are much better JRPG's out there.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson