By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 > PS3 in August. Is it a sign of things to come?

obieslut said:
WW is what counts my son

Your right, and the Xbox 360 is going to beat the PS3 in September worldwide by decent margins.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
it was only behind by 10k.... like I said in the Official August NPD thread. It is way to close to call who really won August. It is a draw.

You heard it here first! Its been declared a draw!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

So the 360 barely does better than the PS3 in the only market that 360 does well in for a month where the PS3 was supply constrained AND the 360 had a firesale yet suddenly the PS3 is in trouble?

Legend11 said:
It's only going to get worse for the PS3 in North America in September. Sony needs to try to hold onto Japan and Europe and hope that Microsoft doesn't make inroads there and continue to syphon off even more PS2 gamers.

The PS2 userbase is up for grabs and it appears both the Wii and 360 are taking chunks of it (the Wii taking significantly more). It must be sobering for Sony execs to see the number of PS2 gamers buying competitor's consoles).

yeah just like how when M$ made 360 cheaper than the wii in EU people started to buy it like crazy......oh yeah

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

considering the 360 have been beaten the whole year 2 months by not more than 10k doesn't sound like they are in trouble.

europe and japan will stay the same
the US 360 will win a few weeks(2 weeks of september and gears release).

but it won't give them the WW win for the month

Around the Network

Who knew a price cut was going to make such a big difference. Who knew?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
CGI-Quality said:

@ darthdevidem01 - Man I'm lovin your sig.

Well it speaks the truth....& I am glad you are someone who believes in the truth...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CGI-Quality said:

So as a STRONG Sony supporter I was a bit disappointed by the sales of 360 hardware NPD app. 195,000 and PS3 app. 185,000 in the month of August but do you think this is a sign of another bad time for Sony or is this something minor. I mean yes, it was just 10,000 but as people have put it a win is a win so what do you think is Sony in trouble or what?

P.S. - Hopefully this isn't a repost 

You need to remeber that is back to school and is time to spend on books, clothes, everyting, is not a good month to buy a 399 console thats why all the numbers are low and more thats is why the ps3 the more expensive one wil be lower, i expect the 360 to beat the ps3 in sptember but with the ps3 with the edge in october, november is a toss up but december the 360  could win in america an d i am a ps3 owner but i see the fact.

DMeisterJ said:
August is a slow month.

Only hardware that came out was Too Human and Madden.

Did you expect PS3s to sell crazy good without a game?

Yeah Too Human was a good console, but I didn't like the games made for the madden.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

fjb -- Exactly how is the Playstation 3 going to beat the Xbox 360 in North America when it's the same price as last year (during Christmas), and the Xbox 360 is $80 less for the base unit?

The Xbox 360 has a good chance, if Sony doesn't drop the price, to beat the Playstation 3 in North America by over 500,000 units or more in December alone.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.