By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 > PS3 in August. Is it a sign of things to come?

Cueil said:

No... if you had 300 bucks burning a hole in your pocket and you wont buy a system just because you're to much of a fanboy... that is where you hand in your Gamer title and were you Idiot Badge.  I'm not talking about picking one system over the other for your first purchase... simply if you have the money and you don't get it because of fanboy reasons that's just retarded... maybe you know I'm getting old and all this stuff drags down on me a little.

AND 

You mistake yourself if you think I'll be buying a new PS3... I gave my PS2 to my son so I'll be hitting up pawn shops and ebay when I do get one... so my sale wont count... but then it's the games that give sony the money.  If I can find one for under 200 I'll probably pick it up... I can't afford anything more than that at one time... any extra money at the end of the month goes towards debt... for now anyway. 

I'm just really tired of the fanboys saying "Xbox 360 is going to die" or the "PS3 is done"... If it wasn't for Xbox your PS3 wouldn't have a HDD and if it wasn't for the 360 you'd probably just now be getting your PS3s this holiday. And if it wasn't for Sony threatening the home entertainment center then Microsoft would have never jump into the console buisness.  I just wish the people who want their console to "kill off" the other console would leave the internet.  It's fine to have a preference and debate over the merits of each console, but wishing ill on another console destroys compition.  Ok so I havn't slept in 25 hours... so if it doesn't make sense sorry :p

==> then people prefer PS3.

Sales show it.

(overall, they prefer Wii obviously).

And personnaly, I dont have a PS360Wii.

I have the money, but the value of these consoles still doesn't impress me. I m just waiting for a better content.

(Stalkers/Empire total war/sc2/dow2/bioshock/leftfordead are on PC)

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
Cueil said:
1. Stop making excuses as to why the PS3 didn't take Aug. if it would have been the other way around you'd be gloating... it sold less... except the fact that it's not going to take this month either and it's best shot is Oct... then the rest of the year is going to be working against it.

2. Don't come out and say that the 360 Arcade is a diffrent experience from the PS3... it plays all the 360 games (except FF11) and comes with some pretty awsome XBLA games.

3. This margin of error goes both way people... the 10k could easily have gone in the 360's favor as much as it could have gone in the PS3's favor

4. WW sales is all that matters... but if Sony was in the 360's seat it's would be the opposite... in the State US figures are all that matters... in EU Other is all that matters... so please stop this sensless spin.

5. The PS3 is an awsome gaming machine, but the 360 is just as good... if you have the money to get the 360 at it's lower price and you don't then you're not a gamer... you're idiot. I may hold a prefrence for the 360, but I love MGS series as much as any PS fanboy and as soon as I can I'll be picking up a PS3.

6. The BR in the PS3 is about to get some big compition with the 200 dollar BR Players comming out this holiday... I'll probably pick one up... 200 is about all I can afford at one time... and that's if I skimp on food :p

read my post... you stole #3 from me. Minus I declared August a draw due to the margin of error.

You didn't mention that it could have gone the other way. He simply corrected you.

If the margin of error is +/- 20k and the Xbox 360 is considered to have 'won' by 10k, then if the margin of error follows a normal distribution curve you could easily say with probability above 80% that the Xbox 360 won August.

Realy now, I didnt?

"You have to realize the margin of error on the NPD and VGC's part is well within given range to say that they could have easily sold the same amount of consoles, the PS3 sold more then the 360, the 360 really did outsell the PS3. Given the margin of error just saying they sold evenly in the US means that there is no clear winner of the month between the two consoles. If the gap was more like 50k than we could easily say that the 360 won hands down but we cannot."

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453