By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 > PS3 in August. Is it a sign of things to come?

i thought sony won by 20k consoles for the month of august.

Around the Network

I hope things stay the same...

One less console in the future would be nice. =p

Sony arent it trouble. In September, the PS3 will crush the 360 becau-

aw shit....thats price cut month!

PS3 IS TEH DOOMED!!!!!!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

So it begins.
Guys, relax. At least it will force Sony to lower prices. Competition is a good thing.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

August is a slow month.

Only hardware that came out was Too Human and Madden.

Did you expect PS3s to sell crazy good without a game?

Around the Network

This should put the X360 at 340,000-360,000 for September NPD in the US (provided it is 4 weeks).

What does the PS3 have going for it in September to help out in North America?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

It's only going to get worse for the PS3 in North America in September. Sony needs to try to hold onto Japan and Europe and hope that Microsoft doesn't make inroads there and continue to syphon off even more PS2 gamers.

The PS2 userbase is up for grabs and it appears both the Wii and 360 are taking chunks of it (the Wii taking significantly more). It must be sobering for Sony execs to see the number of PS2 gamers buying competitor's consoles).

WW is what counts my son

DMeisterJ said:
August is a slow month.

Only hardware that came out was Too Human and Madden.

Did you expect PS3s to sell crazy good without a game?

And why did the Wii sold like crazy? It didn't had a good game release.

it was only behind by 10k.... like I said in the Official August NPD thread. It is way to close to call who really won August. It is a draw.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453