By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 > PS3 in August. Is it a sign of things to come?

Seihyouken said:
So the 360 barely does better than the PS3 in the only market that 360 does well in for a month where the PS3 was supply constrained AND the 360 had a firesale yet suddenly the PS3 is in trouble?

==> hopefully, someone has a brain ... (and remember ioi's posts)

Time to Work !

Around the Network

double post, sorry

Time to Work !

I believe for the holiday season, like the last two, it is almost without question with the new price points in place. I also agree with EEDAR analyst Divinch that the 360 has the stronger lineup this fall with Gears 2 and Fable 2. Time will tell.

Retrasado said:
deathgod33 said:
mrstickball said:
fjb -- Exactly how is the Playstation 3 going to beat the Xbox 360 in North America when it's the same price as last year (during Christmas), and the Xbox 360 is $80 less for the base unit?

The Xbox 360 has a good chance, if Sony doesn't drop the price, to beat the Playstation 3 in North America by over 500,000 units or more in December alone.

500,000 is crazy, you need to stop being such an xbox 360 fanboy. if sony starts losing sales to 360 by a big margin, in NA, then they will be forced to drop the price. and if that happens, then thats the official nail in the coffin for the 360.

no, it won't, but in any case, a PS3 price drop will have a greater effect than a 360 price drop because the PS3 is more expensive.

Also, stickball, there's no way the 360 is going to beat PS3 sales by 500000 in December alone. Last year, when the PS3 was selling waaaaaaaay less in NA, the 360 sold 412000 more units in NA then the PS3.

Yep,

Compared to 07, PS3 has a better line-up and HD DVD is dead.

Time to Work !

Hehehe, it's funny to watch. When things don't go their way all the insecurities show up.

Man it up, biatches! If you are enjoying the games, why would you care how much it sells? Both HD consoles are now a tag-team, fighting together to provide a market for developers to release their games.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Its only a 10k lead in a month with a

1. Price drop
2. Too Human
3. Tales of Vesperia

Your meaning to tell me 10 thousand people didn't buy the system for one of those three reasons?

If anything, the 360 should have outsold the PS3 by an even larger margin.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

The PS2 is the greatest system ever, it can still play with the big boys.

"Nice correlation overall though, and I feel low PS3 this month is making up for previous months if you were to ask me off the record "

-ioi, on the differences between Vgchartz and NPD for August

Man, I'm fast with quotes. Say what you will, but ioi has a face I can trust. Besides, we're talking about such a miniscule difference between the two consoles (10,000). It's almost a statistical tie, and given the margin of error (NPD isn't perfect either), the PS3 could have easily sold more than the 360 in August.

@talkingparrot

If I knew the REAL price drop wasn't going to happen until Sept 5th no title in the world would make me pay more to get it a few weeks ahead of time. Especially the people that haven't bought it already whats another few weeks.

I was sure this was a month the PS3 would have won.

NPD doesn't make any sense, the PS3 outsells the 360 the month of a clearance price by quite a bit and then during a longer month where nothing major happens ps3 sales drop considerably. i wouldn't be surprised if the ps3 won in september considering how random NPD is.

i also have to laugh at mrstickball, he was completely absent during last months NPD (as were most 360 fans) but this month they have become overconfident in their consoles 10k win, acting as though the 360 will somehow explode during september, but guess what, it won't. it might break 250k.

ill be happy to bump any of these threads where he is boasting about his consoles success next month when the 360 fails to impress in september npd.